Chapter Nine

~Levy POV~

I return his thumbs up and rev up the engine as I wait for the light to turn green.

"Are you ready princess?" I hear his voice in my helmet.

I look over and he looks at me, "You didn't tell me there was microphones in here."

I look back up at the lights and it flips to green. We both hit the gas pedal and take off. At the first turn, I'm ahead of him, but he zooms ahead on the next straight away.

"Mmmpf, not fair."

He laughs, "Sorry but I'm not holding back. You want to beat me, well, I'm not going to let you off so easily."

I growl and he laughs again. I pick up my pace and catch up to him. By the second lap I've managed to pass him twice but he still manages to pass me and keep ahead.

"One more lap and we find out who's the victor," his voice comes through.

"One more lap and then we go get food," I reply. "I'm starving and I'm sure you are too."

"I sure am, though I'm not sure if you can live up to what you've said already."

We round the last corner, head to head, equals as we cross the finish line.

He growls again, "You are one tough cookie. Are you sure you still don't want to go one more round?"

"I'm sure."

"Well, then pull in and lets go get food."

I pull in, he's already out of his go-kart and waiting to help me out of mine. I unbuckle and take his hand in order to crawl out of the short vehicle. I pull my helmet off and he laughs hard.

"What?" I ask him. He can't stop staring. "Is there a bug on me? Do I have dirt on my face?"

He shakes his head then clears his throat, "Your hair."

I blush, "Its not like your's is any better."

He licks his hand and runs it through his hair.

"Ewww. Did you really just do that?" I ask him

"Well," he grabs my helmet from my hand, "at least I could care less what my hair looks like. Are you ready to go?"

I nod, following him back out the building and to his truck. I jump in and buckle up. The truck roars to life, the radio blasts Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy. I start to dance a little, singing along with it. I'm surprised when Gajeel comes in the second chorus. Where has he been my entire life? I think, amazed at how well he can sing.

He looks over at me, flashing a big smile and winks. I blush cherry red and he laughs like a hyena. He flies through traffic but I barely notice because I'm having too much fun enjoying the moment.

Finally we pull into the parking lot back at the apartment. He gets out and walks around before I can even get my seat belt off. He opens my door.

"You didn't have to," I say crawling out of the truck.

"Well," he shrugs, "I've gotta learn to be nice to people. This is just the first step."

I smile. I look up at his brown eyes, I look a little longer and see that they have red flakes scattered throughout them. They're so beautiful. We stand there for a few minutes just staring at each other. He leans a little closer, closing the height gap between us.

He straightens up and clears his throat, "How about dinner?"

"Yeah," I look down at my shoes, blushing.

We turn and walk up to my apartment.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! What do you guys think will happen? Let me know what you think about it!

-Charlie