Chapter Twelve

Okay guys, don't hate me. I had to do it this way to make it make sense. I love you guys that read this, just don't hate me! Again thanks for reading!

-Charlie

~Gajeel POV~

"Last chance to back out," I warn, "'cause it's nothing pretty."

She just sits there, staring at me with those beautiful hazel eyes. I can see her wanting to know more about me and why I am the way I am.

I take a sip of Captain, "I was the youngest of two boys. They expected the most out of me because of what my brother did. Since I was little, I rebelled against my parents. I acted out in class and was kicked out of every private school they tried to send me to. Eventually they just sent me to public school.

"My brother always picked on me, which made me fight against them even more. There was several times that they landed me in the hospital. When I got into middle school, I started working out. At about 15, my brother cornered me in the garage. I'd been working on one of the family cars and minding my own business. In the long run, he ended up in intensive care. My mother blamed me and when we went to court, all charges were dropped when they saw the footage from one of the cameras in the garage.

"My entire family hated me after that. I finished out high school and my mom was the only person who came to my graduation. My father and died the year before and my brother was who knows where; we hadn't heard from him in weeks. For the first time in years, my mom smiled at me. She was proud of me."

I took another sip to find my courage to finish my story. 

"She was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer not long after I graduated. I moved here that August," I take another sip. "She came out to see me for Labor Day, but never made it."

Tears begin to flow, "She's refused to let the chauffeur bring her out. I've got her stubborn streak, unlike my brother who got my father's drunkenness. She lost control of the car and hit a semi. She was gone by the time the ambulance got there."

I gulp down the last of my drink, enjoying the pain of the alcohol hitting my throat. I needed the pain to help me with this story. I look away from Levy, focusing on the blurred colors of her carpet.

"I got the call during class. I left all my stuff in the classroom and ran to my truck. When I got to the hospital, they wouldn't let me see her so I trashed the place. Orderlies came, pinned me to the ground, and they knocked me out. When I came to, I was strapped to a bed and the nurse that came in told me I needed to calm down. 

"I was able to go see her finally, to 'identify the body' they'd said. I had another meltdown in the morgue, but this didn't end with me destroying everything. When I was able to see through the tears, I ran out of the hospital and just kept running. I made it all the way to the edge of town before I collapsed on the side of the road.

"Bruce, the chauffeur, or whatever you wanted to call him, who worked for our family since forever, was called and found me. He somehow got me into his car and got me home. He dealt with the funeral and other legal matters. I inherited everything," I poured me another glass of Captain.

"Then why are you still here?" she asks.

"School. Plus I don't want to go home," I wipe my face, blinking to look up at Levy, who's scooted closer to me.

"Are you going to stay?" her hazel eyes slightly dull from the alcohol. She's drank most of her glass.

"I don't know," I down my glass.

Before I can answer again, her lips crash into mine. She leans back, eyes wide with surprise. I can't do anything but stare, she's even more beautiful than she was when we first met.

"I'm s-sorry," she stutters. "I-I didn't mean to."

"Finish your drink please," I say packing my bottles back into my bag.

"Are you going to leave?" she's hurt.

"Will you just finish your drink, princess."

She scowls, I can't help but laugh. She's so adorable when she's mad. I finish packing up my bag when I hear the clink of her glass on the coffee table.

"There. I'm done."

"Good."

Before she can say anything else, I've caught her by the back of the neck and my lips meet hers. I'm not forceful, but I wait to see if she replies to my request. Her lips begin to move and I continue.