Chapter Eighteen

~Levy POV~

The next morning I wake up, bright sunshine coming through the curtains. I roll over and look at my alarm clock. Its noon! I missed two classes and my study session. I flop back onto my bed. Levy, get moving! I take a quick shower and then I'm ready to go. I waste no time with my phone, I'm late and people are relying on me.

As soon as I close the door to my apartment, my head explodes in pain. I yelp. I quickly open the door and dump my bag on the floor. I'm on the floor at the same time trying to get my head to relax. My vision gets blurry, little black spots float into my view and everything goes black.

When I awake again, I'm no longer on the floor just inside the front door of my apartment. I'm in bed, covered with blankets. How the hell did I end up here? I sit up and rub my head, it feels like a giant piece of steal is trying to make its way inside my head via my forehead. I'm completely stripped except for a giant t-shirt and the panties I put on this morning. What the hell? 

"How are you feeling?" a gruff voice says from the shadows of my room.

I grab my glasses from my nightstand, putting them on I look around the room to find the source of the voice. I catch movement to my left, a dark form moving towards me. I quickly duck under my covers, hiding like a little kid from the monster under the bed.

"Stop being so afraid, Shrimp," the voice says, blankets fly from my grasp, "its just me."

I open my eyes slowly to find Gajeel looking down at me. His eyes are dark, but I can't read his face.

"You're lucky I heard you," he gives me my blankets back. "I came down and you were sprawled out on the floor with the door wide open. I picked you up and you were burning up. You kept muttering that you were cold so I did what I could to help with the fever. I've been waiting for you to wake up."

I blush, "Well, thank you."

He waves me off, "No need to thank me. It could have been anyone else."

"True. But everyone else in this complex is at work or school, thankfully it was someone I knew."

He grunts. I pull the blankets up a little more, watching him quietly. There's still something going on with him.

"Your phone kept going off so I finally answered it. It was my friend's girlfriend looking for you. I told her that you weren't feeling good and needed some down time to feel better. She tried coming over, but I wouldn't let her in. You're pretty bad off."

I look over at my alarm clock, "Is it seriously midnight?"

"Yes," he says returning to the spot he'd gotten up from. "Are you hungry?"

I nod, "But I need a shower and get some actual clothes on." Not that I don't hate the ones you picked out for me. 

"Well lets get you through the works and then I'll make you some soup," he gets up. "No use hurting yourself again."

~Gajeel POV~

I pick her up off the bed, out of the nest of blankets, carrying her into the bathroom.

"I'm not a baby," she protests.

"No," I set her down on the cold tiles, "but you are sick."

I flick on the light switch and she cries out in pain. I quickly turn the light back off.

Shit. "Are you okay, Shrimp?"

"The light hurts," she says.

"Two shakes and I'll be back," I run out of the bathroom, hearing her faint giggle.

I run to my apartment, almost tripping over Lily as I grab a bunch of my candles and my favorite lighter before high tailing it back to Levy. I make it back to her in no time at all.

"Really?" she asks pointing at the candles.

"I'm not trying to be romantic," I begin to set them all around the bathroom, "I'm trying to help you." She's got me wrapped around her finger again. I need to stop this. "The light is not too bright and gives off enough that we can see what's going on."

I start to light them and I hear her start to run the water. No shower noise. Shit. She's taking a bath.

I turn around to see her pouring bubble bath into the bathtub. Bubbles start to appear, vanilla mixes with the candles. I don't know how much of this I can handle before I have to touch her soft skin. I watch her strip from the t-shirt I put on her. It's completely drenched with sweat. She shimmies out of delicate purple underwear. Her butt is just perfect. I don't know how else to put how I feel about her. The soft glow of the candles bounces off her skin, the glow mesmerizes me; I can't help but stare.

I shake my head. Stop being so rude. You'd never do that to a girl. She's already hurt herself once cause she didn't want you seeing her naked.

She turns around, the blush on her cheeks just makes everything about he even more beautiful. I can't help myself anymore.

Yes, I'm a bad person. I promise I'll try not to do this again. Thanks for reading and please leave comments and vote!

-Charlie