Chapter Four

~Gajeel POV~

We pile into my truck and take off back for campus. I zip around cars with levy slightly freaking out, white knuckling the oh-shit handle. I'm not that bad of a driver, I passed my driving test. The second time. Barely.

"Are you a madman?" she says inaudibly.

I turn the music down even more, "What?"

She turns to look at me and yells, "Are. You. A. Madman?"

I cringe at the volume of her voice, but I shake my head, smiling, "Nope. I just like having fun."

She shakes her head and focuses on the road ahead of us. within minutes we're back on campus. She has to pry her hand from the oh-shit handle and relax enough to move to get out of my truck.

"Thank you," she says before she gets out of my truck. "How about I repay you by dinner or a movie or something?"

"After all the hell you went through this semester," he replies, "you still want something to do with me?" 

"Its my way of saying thank you," I say looking away from him. "If you don't at least agree to a home cooked meal I wont forgive myself."

I shrug, "This Saturday would be fine, but how about we do something besides just eat a meal?"

"Don't be such a pervert."

"I'm saying lets go do something besides a night at home. A movie, laser tag, anything."

"Oh," she says, looking at me. "How about laser tag? I've got all Saturday off. If you give me the morning to cook, I'll give you the afternoon to go have fun."

I nod in agreement, keeping quiet. Just another way of becoming a better person. 

"Saturday it is. Again, thank you."

"No problem," I say as she gets out of the truck. 

I want to say more, but I'll be a total asshole if I do.

I make sure her car starts before I take off. That bright green mustang is hard to miss. 

"Saturday it is," I say as I pull out my phone and call some people in order to make Saturday the best for her. 

~Levy POV~ 

"Oh good lord," I sigh when I pull into the apartment parking lot. I put my head on the steering wheel and let out a sigh, "What have I gotten myself into."

Only two days to figure out what to make. Well, I guess meat and potatoes will have to do. Pork chops, mash potatoes, gravy, corn and biscuits. Just thinking about it is making me drool. Mom sure did raise a book nerd but she did teach me how to cook food, too. Gajeel is going to have his hands full on Saturday.