Chapter Twenty-Four

~Levy POV~

That morning, I pick myself off the living room floor. The other four still fast asleep sprawled out much like I was. My head hurts but it's not so much that I can't function correctly. All the candles have burnt out. I crawl to the bathroom, I can't see so it works better this way. I flip on the light, blinding myself in the process. The light doesn't hurt like it did yesterday. I plop onto the toilet to relieve myself then take a look in the mirror. I'm a mess.

I don't remember what happened past midnight, we are just having a good time. No makeovers this time, as far as I could tell. Last time, it took a bath and two showers just to get all the gunk off my face and out of my hair. My hair is plastered to my head and sticking up like a half plucked chicken in some places.

"Levy?" Wendy calls from the living room.

"I'm coming," I say, pulling my hair back into a pony tail and finding another headband since I have no idea where the one from last night went.

I walk out of the bathroom, Wendy is snuggled into a blanket, sitting on the opposite side of the living room. She looks almost terrified, she must not remember where she's at.

"It's okay, Wendy." I sit down next to her, wrapping an arm around her, "How does breakfast sound?"

She nods, still staring blankly into space, "Coffee?"

"I brew some up while I'm making breakfast. Is there anything in particular you want?"

She shakes her head, "No. I'll eat anything you can give me. I like chocolate though."

"Alrighty then," I get off the couch, stretching. "Chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes, not mixed together, that'd be gross, eggs, bacon and sausage. Hot coffee, orange juice, and anything else anyone might need."

She nods, still dazed. I don't think she's ever really drank before, the poor thing. I spend the next hour cooking up tons of food. Erza can put away a ton of food so I know to make extra. I'm pretty hungry and the rest of them are all going to be hungover. Definitely going to need plenty of food.

~Gajeel POV~

I awake in Mom's bed. It's not been slept in since that time. I miss her so much. I stay wrapped up in the blankets for a little longer. Bruce comes in, a bit shaken.

"I've been looking all over for you. What are you doing in here?" he says walking towards the bed.

"I'm not entirely for sure, Bruce. Last I remember I got up to go to the bathroom. I thought I made my way back to my room but I guess not."

He nods in agreement. I used to sleep walk when I was younger, but it's not happened in years. I always was an odd kid, even as a baby. Bruce used to keep tabs on me no matter what; always made sure I had what I needed.

"Go clean up and go home. I can see it in your eyes. You don't like being here. You never were happy here. I'm not trying to be mean, but you have a girl you need to go make up with. She makes you happier than I've seen in years. Not since you rubbed it in your father's face that you were nothing like he was. He never learned his lesson about you. But you were always your mother's son.

"She had a wild streak when she was younger. I used to work for her parents, your grandparents, just a few years before they died. I'd known her all her life though. Her family was just as wild as you are, they eventually calmed down as they got older. Your craziness is the worst I've seen come out of your family."

I smile, letting the old man ramble on. He's here on his own most of the time. This is the first time in a year or so anyone's come to see him. It makes me happy to catch up with someone I've known my entire life.

"Go on, boy. Go get your girl," he snaps me out of my daze. "I can see it in you. I know you don't want to hurt her, nothing you've done has been your fault."

I nod. I get up, go back to my room and just sit on my bed. What Bruce said is right, but I can't help but feel like a horrible person because I was there when she got hurt. Though it was an accident, she was more worried about me seeing her naked at the time.

I jump in the shower really fast and I'm out the door without saying good bye to Bruce. I'll stop by soon, but with Levy. Bruce needs to see who has made me happy.

~Levy POV~

By noon everyone is up, had breakfast and out the door. Wendy checked me over one more time just to make sure I was fine on my own. Lucy stayed long enough to help me clean up the mess from last night and then she, herself, was on her way home to a clingy Natsu.

As she heads out the door, I manage to see a pair of overly large black converse trudge up the stairs. His door closes before I can say anything to grab his attention.

"What are you going to do with him?" I mumble.

I make myself busy by putting away what leftovers I had, cleaning the dishes, and I finally jump in for a bath so I can relax for just a little bit. As soon as I sit down, there's a knock at the door.

"Come in, get comfortable," I yell.

The door opens, it closes. It's too quiet for comfort.

I crawl out of the tub, dry myself off as much as I possibly can, wrap my hair and put on the clothes I'd brought in with me. I slowly open the bathroom door, peaking my head around the corner to try and see if there is anyone out there.

I step out, expecting at any given moment, for someone to jump out and scare the pee out of me, but no one is in the immediate area.

I hear him clear his throat, "Shrimp? Sorry, I mean Levy."

He's in the living room. I peek our around the corner, he's just standing there, waiting. I forgot my glasses. Shit. I run back the bathroom to grab my glasses. I let my hair out of the towel in the process and shoving on a headband; no time for anything else.

I stroll out of the bathroom to meet him since he left without saying anything yesterday morning.