Chapter Sixteen

~Levy POV~

I'm vaguely aware of what's going on around me. I hear people saying something about moving me into the hospital, but I'm more worried about getting my phone open. The doctor has already looked at me and I'm hooked up to the machine.

"Can I go back to sleep yet?" I ask anyone who would listen to me.

I jump when someone answers, "No honey. You have to stay awake. You have a concussion."

I can't make out who it is, but I can tell she's about as tall as me with really long black hair.

"Do you know where my glasses are?" I ask her.

"Your glasses?"

"Yeah," I reply, " the things that are normally on my face that help me see."

I hear her giggle, "Let me call Gajeel and make sure he grabs them. I'll be right back."

I hear her leave the room. She's not gone long. I hear her rustle around across the room. She walks across the room, towards me, and I feel her sit at the end of the bed.

"Gajeel isn't such a bad guy," she starts. "He's just a little misunderstood."

I smile softly, thinking of the night before when he bared everything to me. And when I bared everything to him. I cover my mouth before I can even think of what's going on.

"What?" she asks me.

"Nothing," I shake my head.

At the same time, the door pops open and in wafts a familiar smell, one of car grease and iron. It's him.

"Hello, Shrimp," he says loudly.

"One, haven't I told you to stop calling me that," I say, holding my head. "And two, don't talk so loudly."

"Is your head starting to hurt, honey?" Wendy asks.

I nod, just wanting to lay down.

"Good," she says jumping off, "it means you're starting to feel better."

"I brought you goodies Shrimp," he growls.

"Did you bring my glasses?" I ask.

"Of course," he plops something heavy on my bed.

"What the hell did you bring me?"

"Well," I hear him pull a chair up next to my bed, "I brought you the food we were supposed to eat this morning, your backpack, and some kind of stuffed animal off your bed. And yes your glasses. Here."

He shoves my glasses into my hands and I put them on. His face is worried. I hate seeing him like this even though I've only known him for so little a time.

"I'll be back here in a little bit," Wendy says walking out the door. I catch only her long black hair as she disappears.

"How are you feeling?" he opens a container and the smell of eggs and cheese waft towards me.

He hands me a plastic bowl and I dig in. It tastes so good. I know I should be talking to him, but I'm hungry.

"Slow down there, Shrimp," he says, grabbing my shoulder. "There's more than plenty there."

I nod, looking up from the bowl. He can't stop staring and I start to feel a little more self-conscious. Stop it. He's already seen your everything. He can deal with you being human too. I have to admit, my inner voice is pretty helpful. I look down and take a good look at what he made. A giant omelet stuffed as much as physically possible with tatertots and cheese. Its a good thing I love cheese.

Sorry it's short. Please keep reading and thank you guys!

-Charlie