Chapter Twenty-Seven

So what do you guys think? I know I'm not the perfect author and that I'm taking my time, but I promise, this is one of the best stories I've written. Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting! Thank you guys!

-Charlie

~Levy POV~

Dinner with Bruce was so much fun. My parents would have fired him had he served us that meal. They had the same ideas and morals as Gajeel's father did. They probably would have gotten along just fine.

As for Bruce, I'm quite sure that he wants Gajeel and me to work out whatever is going on. I don't blame him. Gajeel has made me change the way I look at everything and I'm pretty sure it's the same for him.

"Come on," he says tugging on my hand slightly.

"I'm coming," I grumble. "Don't get your knickers in a twist."

I hear him giggle. He's such an odd person. He looks back at me, eyes glittering with a surprise. What is he going to do? I still can't believe the beauty of this place.

"There's only one place I intend to take you because the rest of this house will only remind me of why I left in the first place," he explains.

"And where is that?" I ask.

"I know it sounds cliche but I'm taking you to my room," he gives in to me walking and picks me up, cradling me like a baby. "You're being too slow right now."

I giggle as he picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him on the cheek. His face flushes slightly as his huge smile covers his face. He clears his throat as we reach the top of the stairs. Looking down on the stairs I still can't believe that they're as beautiful as they are.

"What are you looking at?" I hear him say

"I just never thought I'd ever seen anything so beautiful," I say taking his hand. "My mom thinks that her house is beautiful but its so bare and looks barely lived in. Here you can tell there's life."

He smiles, "My father would only let Mom deal with the house. Nothing else."

"I'm sorry. I hope you aren't like that with me."

He gives me a weird look before pulling me down the long hallway. He finally stops, opening a door to a room. It's cleaner than most any place you could ever imagine, except for my parents' house.

"This is only the second time I've been home since Mom died," he says turning on a stereo on the far side of the room. "Go ahead and make yourself comfortable."

Lips of an Angel by Hinder begins to play.

"When I left and I refused to talk to you," he started, "I couldn't forgive myself for being the reason you were getting hurt. I also didn't want to push myself on myself like I had twice."