Part 19: Overgrown Weeds

The party of four turned to face the figure at the door, all with their own faces of shock and anxiety. The figure had their arms crossed as they leaned on a doorway, waiting for an answer to their question. "Come on. That wasn't rhetorical."

     Shortly after Ford had taken the twins and Wendy down to the basement, (Y/n) and Bill finally made it inside. Bill, strangely enough, was back to being a gentleman. He opened the door for (y/n), closing it behind her, and walking with her as she brought Toby to the couch. (Y/n) set him down on to, rolling off the couch since she had to lay on top of Toby to get him to lay down. 

     (Y/n) let herself fall to the floor, letting out a tired sigh. It seemed fate had other plans for her resting place though. With her eyes closed, she felt herself be lifted up. A soft grunt came from the figure holding her. "What are you doing, Bill?" The (brunette, blonde, ginger?) asked, her eyes still closed. With one sense gone, she focused on the sounds around her. It was strangely quiet, the only things she could hear was the hum of the lights and various appliances nearby.

     "You may be annoying, but the floor isn't comfortable," Bill responded with a tisk. No response came from the girl as she was carried to the chair and set down. She listened as her companion stepped back and let out a sigh. "Pinetree, Shooting star, Ice, and Sixer are gone..." She heard him mumble. That made her open her eyes. Glaring around the room, (Y/n) concluded that Bill was right and the three were gone. She grimaced in annoyance as she got up. 

     "Let's go find them... fucking nuisances..." She mumbled back. (Y/n) was starting to think this family was quite a bit of trouble. Against what Bill tried to say to get her to sit down again, (Y/n) started to roam around to find the 4 missing people.

     After a while of looking, (Y/n) let out a groan. Looks like she wasn't finding them. Just as she was about to lean her weight on the edge of the vending machine, (y/n) feels it shift forward. Her body loses balance and she fell forward. As if summoned, Bill was there to catch her. "I feel like you do this on purpose." She teased, looking up at him with a smirk. Bill's cheeks turned a light pink. 

     A chuckle escaped the girl, enjoying the flustered he was feeling. She didn't know quite why, but knowing she had power over someone that was supposed to be so powerful made her feel... prideful.

     Bill's face contorted into a scowl, having read her thoughts. But before he could give her a retort, (y/n) turned away. Surprise covered her face when she saw that there was a secret passage behind it. Surprisingly, (y/n) wasn't surprised. Why wasn't she surprised? It troubled her. Perhaps it was her family's fault. They were so weird that she just... had seen everything. Whatever was going through her head, (y/n) went down the stairs. Her steps were quiet. Just as she got to the last step, she heard; ".... was wearing the exact flannel when I met her." 

     "Who was wearing that flannel when you met her?"

     The figure leaning on the doorframe let out a sigh as they pushed themself off the wall, slowly coming into the light of the lamp. The yellow light shone off of the figure's (H/c) hair. Their eyes were narrowed in suspicion. 

     (Y/n) went to cross her arms, trying to act like she was just curious about what they were asking about. As she brought her hands forward, a blur of tan sprinted towards her. Her back collided against the stone wall, a grunt escaping her. "He-hey! Let me go!" She demanded, looking up at the one holding her there.

     Ford gritted his teeth, his eyes hidden behind the sheen of his glasses. "You have 10 seconds to explain who you are and why you're here!" He snapped.

     "Jesu- You already know me!" She snapped back. "I'm (Y/n), I'm here cuz I work here and have friends here!"

     "Is that so? How can we trust you, proxy?" Ford returned. 

     The accusation made (Y/n)'s blood go cold. Her eye's widened in fear. "What? No... I'm not..." 

(A/n: Hallo my little cult members. Thank you so much for reading the story so far and I'm so glad for all of you that enjoy it. Your comments inspire me and lighten my days. I'm sorry for not being really consistent. I've never been good with scheduling and sometimes I don't think my story is good enough, but you guys always remind me how wrong I am. You guys are amazing. :3 -Jinx)