Part 3: Mystery (S)hack

After a short walk along the friendly streets of gravity falls, the two girls finally made it to a rundown building surrounded by woodlands. It looked like someone took a hermit's cabin and stuck a novelty sign on top. (Y/n) cringed at the sight. The place was sketchy as fuck. And the overuse of triangles in its design hurt.

Wendy laughed as she noticed the girl's uneasiness. "Hey, don't worry. The place isn't gonna fall over... yet. It can actually be kinda cool."

(Y/n) laughed nervously while she ran a hand through her (H/l), (H/c) hair. "I wasn't thinking that..." That was a lie. All the girl could think about was how the roof looked like it was going to cave in or how the windows looked like they were one bad bump to falling out of place or shattering. She noticed some of the triangle windows looked like they were designed to have eyes too. What an Illuminati rip-off.

Wendy laughed and brought her inside. (Y/n) looked around at the overpriced merchandise and wondered what would be the best thing to bring home to make her family cringe.

Wendy looked back at her. "Yo, I already said; it's perfectly safe." She joked as she brought her to the back."

"I'm not thinking about that." (Y/n) was given a weird look at that, so she elaborated. "I'm wondering what to buy to be a family disappointment."

At this, the redhead burst out laughing, along with a different voice. (Y/n) glanced over at it to find an old man with a fez on his head and wearing a suit that he probably nabbed off a dead man's body. Few, no triangles.

(Y/n) tilted her head. "This must be the Stan I've heard about." She put the emphasis on his name as if it was a question. Stan grinned and swung his arms out dramatically.

"The one and only!" Stan turned to Wendy. "Wendy, you can't bring your friends back here and you know it. If you didn't practically work for free, I'd fire you." Wendy just shrugged him off.

"Actually, I'm looking for a job. You got an opening?" (Y/n) spoke up as she put her hands in her pockets. This didn't feel like a proper interview, so she didn't feel obligated to treat it like such.

"That so? Okay, kid, how much you charging?"

"How much are you paying?"

"Minimum is free."

(Y/n) scoffed and had half a mind of calling him a cheapskate. "Fifteen dollars an hour."

"No way," Stan bartered. "Six."

(Y/n) shook her head. " thirteen."

"Eight" Stan crossed his arms, glaring down at the girl, whose skills seemed to rival her own. "Final offer."

"Eleven." (Y/n) put her hands on her hips and returned his glare. "Take it or leave it."

Stan couldn't help but grin. "got to admit, you got spunk. We could use you around here. Deal." He held out his hand, which (Y/n) gladly took. Wendy was looking on in awe before running off, calling someone names 'Soos.' 

(A/N: Hallo to everyone that's been reading this. I'm sorry about the wait. I meant to post way earlier but writer's block hit like a bitch. Thank you to everyone who has voted and/or commented. it really does help motivate me.)