A Day in the Life/ Festival

"Daddy. Dad. DADDY!!" The twins called getting louder after each call until their father answered in a groggy groan from the floor palate where he slept between their beds. "Wake up daddy! We have the day off!" Rin flopped to his knees and his small hands grabbed the blankets and shook his father quickly.

"What time is it??" Shiro whined.
"Um. Day time." Rin answered looking around not finding a clock but wouldn't know how to read one even if he'd spotted one.
"Already?" Shiro groaned turning over along the twins into his lap.
"Here're your glasses daddy." Yukio held up the rounded glasses.
"Oh thank you." He took them unfolding the arms and slid them on his face, "Howmd you boys sleep?"
"GREAT!!" Rin answered first, "I had a dream with cotton candy and slides and Yukio got stuck on the big slide and we had to climb up to get him down! But we turned into birds and ate noodles...." He looked down now realizing the sense of his dream was completely off, "but it was good."
"Well that sounds fun.." Shiro smiled patting his head, "And you Yukio?"
Yukio stayed quiet bowing his head.
"Another bad dream?"
"I didn't really sleep." He shook his head.
"Oh? Well then what did you do all of last night?"
Yukio shrugged, "hid under my covers until I fell asleep." Yukio flinched as his father's heavy hand brought his head close to his chest in a tight hug and he wrapped his arms around him his small frame of his glasses squished on the side of his face.
"Don't worry Yukio, daddy is here and so is me so we'll protected you." Rin watched his brother and leaned in for a hug as well.
"Y-yeah.." Yukio mumbled.

However Rin only made him more afraid. Things started to get horrible while he was in the hospital he saw creatures with eyes gouged out and bloody, sharp claws and fangs peeking out from the curtains and corners. When he arrived back home after he had gotten better the visions didn't go away, they became scarier leaving behind puddles of tar like substances, they lurked in the bushes outside and hid in the dark during day light, but at night would be when they come out. And the reason he was afraid of his brother was they all seemed to flock to him. Like ants to picnic they would just stand over and watch him while he slept. When Shiro started sleeping in the room they became hesitant to enter but when they knew he was really asleep, they again would come from everywhere and crawl down the ceilings and walls like bugs. One night he'd gotten the nerve to speak to them only it seemed to make them angry.

"Your brother's soul belongs to us, tell anyone of our existence and they won't believe you, they will call you crazy and lock you away from everyone and tie you up and keep you away for ever!"

He didn't want to to be tied up and locked away, and what ever reason they want Rin for he figured it would just be best if he stayed away or tried to hid from him the best he could. But even then the creatures he saw would sometimes follow him around and scare him to tears and wet his pants. He was feeling quite alone with all these scary things and no one to tell about them.

Yukio looked up to see his brother watching him as well and then bothe their eyes drifted up to their father who some how ended up falling back asleep while sitting up.

"DAD!!" Rin squirmed in his arm trying to shake him.
"Eh!?" His head came up and looked back at the twins, "I'm awake!"
"Nu Uh you falled back asleep." Rin said.
"Noo I didn't I'm awake!" Shiro smiled setting them down off his lap and stretched his arms up high above his head. "So kiddos what do ya want for breakfast?"

"Okayu!" Rin shouted running into the kitchen.
"Tamagoyaki.." Yukio reached for his father's hand when he got to his feet.
"Mmm sounds good! Let's get cookin." He held Yukio's hand meeting Rin in the kitchen already trying to pour the rice in a pot. "Rin! Rin wait not like that! Hold on!" Shiro quickly ran over to stop him.
"Aw dad I want to cook.." Rin whined.
"I know you do, and that would be really helpful, but you need directions and supervision to start learning.. How about for now you just watch instead, that way you'll know how it's done before you try it yourself."
"Uugh okaaaayyy." Rin crossed his arms pouting until he was picked up and sat on the counter.
"There now watch closely okay." Shiro told him bringing the rice to the sink. "Oh Yukio, would you help set the table while Rin and I are getting breakfast made?"
"Okay." Yukio nodded going back to the long table meeting the other sleepy priests just getting out from their rooms.