Things Starting to Change

"Rin, wake up." His father's voice said above him shaking him lightly. The child didn't stir but only let out a snore. "Rin!" His voice got louder and still nothing. "Wake up Rin, today is school." But he was sleeping like a rock.. Shiro proceeded to scoop him up out of bed making him stir only to get comfortable in the new position wrapping his arms around his neck.
"Come on it's time to get up."

"No I du wanna.." Rin groaned going lip rather to be dropped to the floor than to get ready. But Shiro wouldn't let that happen and kept him up.
"Well don't you want to help make breakfast with me before you leave?" He asked not liking when both of the boys had to leave for the whole day either.
"...okay.." Rin finally sighed as he was carried to the kitchen, finding Yukio already at the set table rubbing his eyes and reading a book.
"When can I not go to school anymore..." Rin asked through a yawn.
"You're only an elementary second year, what can be so bad about it Rin?" Shiro said.
"Everything!! It's so stupid! No body plays with me, all they want to do is say mean things to Yukio and then I get in trouble when I protect him!!"
"Well, Yukio knows a thing or two about protecting himself now. But maybe the teachers never notice the other kids because they aren't quite as brutal as you are Rin. There are other ways to solve your problems than with a fist."
"Like what, if I just ask the other kids to just 'please stop being such assholes' that it will just work!?"
"Rin!" Shiro smiled and laughed a little,"I'd rather you not say that word in public at this age, but no. I meant more like notify a teacher when things start happening. That way the other child gets in trouble. If that happens I can have them removed from that classroom."
"You can!?!?" Rin gasped.
"Mhm by now I'm surprised that they haven't removed you... But then again that kid doesn't seem like he has parents that care well enough to solve the problem either...You know sometimes other kids parents are just as mean to them, and don't listen to their problems, so they be mean to other kids for some kind of attention."
"Well that's dumb." Rin huffed standing on his toes to watch the egg fry in the pan.

"No it isn't." Yukio answered from the other room, "just think of dad was mean and never listened to you, or didn't want us around. Wouldn't you feel angry and alone? You'd want to tell somebody about it right? But you wouldn't know how."
Rin looked back at Yukio and then thought of the situation, "I guess.."
"Sometimes the kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving of ways." Shiro pat his head, "maybe instead of staying enemies you can make friends with this kid, I'm sure he'd be a lot happier."
"Well, another thing that I hate about school; you have to wake up too early!!!"
"Ah I agree, but that's the way it is even when you're out of school and have a job."
"Ugh!" Rin sat at the table as Shiro began to serve the breakfast they made.

When the boys finally got to school and their work was finished and they were taken out to the playground that's when the same kid approached Yukio as he and Rin were swinging on the swings.
"Get off four eyes!"
"Hey!" Rin yelled stopping his swing quickly, "there are other swings, take one of those!"
"It's okay nii-san, I think he just wants to swing with you." Yukio stopped his swing and got up.
"Yeah right, why would I want to swing with that looser!?" The child growled pushing Yukio to the floor and snatching the swing. Once he sat down he fell out backwards as Rin's fist connected with his nose.

"Okumra Rin!" The teacher shrieked.
"Oh great." Rin wiped the blood from his knuckles hearing the child bawl on the floor as if he expected to get away with what he was doing with out a punch to the face.
Only even Yukio seemed to be upset as well, "Rin why did you do that? I wasn't hurt you know." He growled straightening his glasses.
"Wha, but he took your swing and pushed you!"
"I gave it to him, but that push didn't really hurt, I was still trying to make friends, like dad told us to this morning remember?" He walked over pushing the other child up and helped him to his feet telling him to pinch his nose and keep his head down. And as the teacher came and handed them a bunch of tissues and asked if Yukio could escort the child off to the nurse Rin was put in the time out room again.