Summer Day 3

Early in the morning both the Exorcist had arrived at the True Cross Academy, meeting each other half way to the office.

"Ohayo." Ninghong greeted him.
"Ohayo...." Shiro answered back sleep still weighing in his voice.
"Did you just get out of bed or something?"
"Yeah.." He grumbled and yawned, "days need to start at twelve in the afternoon. Getting up at five is just inhuman."
"You're just old and lazy." She smiled nudging him playfully.
"And hungry." He added stumbling off to the side.
"Me too." She agreed when suddenly a short white terrier caught her eye and made her gasp at the sight of the well groomed and decorated with a pink and white bow with the rosary pin canine simply trotting around the grounds like he owned the place. "It's so cute!"
"Eh? Oh hey, you out on your bathroom break or what?" Shiro flagged down the dog.

It came trotting up to them wagging his tail, "Very funny, I got bored waiting for you so I had to go for a walk."
"Oh my god it talks!!?" Ninghong jumped behind Shiro.
"Of course I do! Don't you?" The dog laughed, "come on then let's get these reports filed and out of the way." He turned around leading them both to the office again.

"Are you serious?" Ninghong asked still hiding behind Shiro, "serious I'm the only one freaked out that this is a talking dog?"
"Well, it makes sense. I thought you would be accepting of talking dogs, there was one in your story last night right? Wasn't it a short white dog with a scarf too?" Shiro asked.
"But that's just a fairytale! A children's story!"
"I don't know, I think even fairytales a have some ever so slight truth to them. Don't you think?" Shiro asked to the little dog up ahead.
"Oh aye, the truth in a fairytale can be as little as the weather to where the story takes place." The little dog answered back trotting up to the door as Shiro opened it up for him and they stepped inside the office.
"I think this story has a lot more truth to it though... Alright what would you do with a girl three years hidden away in the mountains!?" Shiro yelled at the dog accusingly.
"It depends! Are we in China or the Rocky Mountains?" The dog wagged it's tail answering back as it trotted behind the desk and jumped on the chair and in a cloud of pink smoke turned back into true cross' one and only principal!

"You!!?" Ninghong screeched, "it was the elf clown all this time!?"
"Aw that's not nice, you just called me cute a while ago!" Mephisto pouted in the chair.
"It was him! Oh my ever loving Jesus Christ you're the dog from that Doctor Dog story!?!"
"I've been all over my dear, all over." Mephisto chuckled, "that's quite an old story I'm surprised anyone still knows it!"
"Alright alright let's calm down." Shiro sighed with the excitement going on feeling it was a little over exaggerated, or maybe he was just so used to the wacky chairman that it had become a normal part of life. "I've got my report to send in and I want to get back home to go to sleep."
"Sleep again?" Both Mephisto and Ninghong asked.
"Yeah that's right, sleep!" He swat the papers down on the desk. Ninghong placing hers on the desk as well.
"Well fine by me, I'll have them filed away and confirmed on the board." Mephisto thumbed through the papers looking over them quickly, "but you are certainly different Miss Oey, a lot more talkative." He looked up giving her a fanged grin.
"O-oh. Yeah..." She bowed her head embarrassed that this friendship with the paladin had opened her up so much.
"Seems my move played out well. Good job Fujimoto! Although I can't add on friendly flirting techniques as a bonus paycheck but you managed to do both jobs I intended for, a man of unparalleled talent indeed!"
"What!? F-flirting!!" Ninghong blushed snapping around to death glare Shiro.
"It is NOT flirting!! It was just making friends! Wait so you were playing a little match maker!? She is so not my type how could you think to pair me with such a flat chested woman?"
"What!?!" Ninghong's face deepened in red only from anger or embarrassment was unknown, maybe both.
"Wait what did you get out of it then? You're telling me that you just wanted to see this poor misplaced girl have a friend with no personal gain from it?" Shiro thought out loud.
"What are you talking about? I'm being entertained! This is hilarious, look at how red she's getting!"
"Whoa she is red, it's like a tomato." Shiro watched as well, "but I'm sure this could be considered some kind of harassment, you should take it easy on her. Besides she hasn't eaten yet, don't mess with a woman when she's hungry."
"Fuck both of you." She finally growled turning away and walked out of the office.
"Aw you're so mean." Mephisto sighed watching Shiro, "well go on then."
"Huh?" Shiro looked back at him after he had watched her leave.
"Go after her, you're dismissed here." He fanned him away with his hand now getting caught up in his work of papers, "I hope you're good at apologies~"
"Why would I have to be sorry for anything!?" Shiro asked walking out the door before hearing any more nonsense.