It wont be long now

"Shiro!!" Kuro waved his two tails as a tired Fujimoto approached the gate.
"Kuro, it's been a while." He hugged the cat as he pounced in his arms as he lowered himself against the wall to sit down. Kuro purred loudly rubbing his head in the palm of Shiro's hand as he pet him.
"It's okay, I know you're busy and always come back, always! Did you bring it? It's been so long!"
"Hm sorry all I have is a regular bento for food if that's what you mean."
"No! Not food! You know what I'm talking about!" Kuro meowed loudly.
"Ah no sorry Kuro... All I brought was a bento and catnip wine with me."
"Aw Shiro you sai- H-Hey that's it!! The wine! You DID bring it! You tricked me!" Kuro swished his tails around pouncing Shiro again and stuffed his paws in his face, "yummy yummy! Can I have some please!!?"
"Sure sure, don't drink too much though." Shiro poured it in a little sauce pan marked 'Kuro' on the edge as the cat jumped from his lap to attack the drink.
"So yummy, catnip wine! Yum yum!"
"Think you're a bit addicted to that drink.."
"It's perfect!" A light blush already shaded the chocolate brown muzzle of the cat as he began to purr. "Where have you been Shiro?"

"Here, there, everywhere..." He sighed relaxing against the wall as he sat and picked at the bento seeming not to be hungry or too distraught over something to eat.
"Tell me." Kuro broke away from the drink and batted at the rosary necklace like a toy hoping his playfulness would cheer his master.
"Ah well, this is the last year my boys have middle school." He let a smile raise as he waved the rosary pin more so the cat could play.
"School?"
"A place to learn, the place you guard is a school silly, you went all this time not knowing?" Shiro explained.
"Oh! School! Hehe I knew that!" Kuro leapt for the necklace.
"Sure you did. Anyway, Yukio is going here for high school. I mean he still has to take entrance exams but I know he'll get in, with the grant money he had gotten from the program in middle school it's enough to cover the fee."
"Yukio??"
"The one with glasses, he was with me when you and I first met." Shiro laughed as the drunk cat seemed to be more forgetful than him in his older age.
"Oh, yeah!"
"And Rin..." He sighed and rest his head back and looked up at the rusting sky as the sun set, "lord help that boy I don't know what else to do for him..."
"Hm?"
"Rin will be quitting... He says he'd be looking for jobs. But so far this whole time he hasn't had any luck, if he's even really trying."
"He sounds like a mess of himself." Kuro rested in his lap.
"I think he's grown up and not yet realized how it works. For the most part he's a laid back kid, takes the back seat unless he absolutely has to do something... There's a part of his world missing, that I have to keep from him and he's already starting to realize it, one day it's going to come up and smack him in the face and he's not going to know what to do."

Kuro had seemed to tune out of what Shiro was going on about nestling in his lap purring himself to sleep.
"Kuro! Look at you, not even a cat will listen to me." Shiro grumbled grabbing a small horn on the cats head to shake him awake.
"Wha!? No I was listening!" Kuro insisted unable to wipe the fanged smile from his muzzle.
"Alright you drunkard, what I say?"
"Y-you said, your going to get a big boat and go fishing and bring back a big tuna for me!"
"No I didn't! But fine I said what was bothering me anyway."
"Do you feel better now Shiro?" The cat purred pawing at the air.
"Yeah a little."
"Good! Because you need to smile!" Kuro sat up stretching out, "smiling is the fear of all things evil, smile in the face of doubt and it can't make you fall. You're the greatest Shiro! Nothing can stop you y'know!?" The cat looked back to see a satisfying smile on his masters face though his eyes were heavy with his over worked hours, "that's it, smile!"
"Thank you Kuro. I will remember your words when I'm feeling down again."
"Hehe good, cause I won't!" He admitted finishing the last bit of the wine in the dish.
"You drunk!" Shiro was finally able to laugh, which made Kuro happier and played a bit more with him as the first stars dotted the sky.

After playing with Kuro he had walked into the chairman's office finding him slurping up a cup of ramen. He knew better to interrupt the slurping of noodles because if he had to bite a break in them he'd be upset, but he couldn't help it this time as Mephisto turned in his chair in the middle of a slurp raising a brow at his unexpected visit and let out a questioning,"Hmm??" Behind his lips full of noodles.