The argument

AMIELE'S POV:
Raoul and Christine burst onto the roof, Christine was trembling, telling Raoul about the phantom, his darkness, his killing... My brain wouldn't comprehend what was happening. This can't happen! It would break Erik! It would break me! My breathing quickened and I grabbed my head, 'COME ON THINK!' I looked at Christine, she had just dropped the rose, and the began singing...
"No more talk of darkness, forget these wide-eyed fears,
I'm here, nothing can harm you, my words will warm and call you,
Let me be your freedom, let daylight dry your tears,
I'm here with you besides you, to guard you and to guide you." Raoul sang to Christine, his voice filled with love and desperation.
"Say you love me every waking moment,
Turn my head with talk of summertime,
Say you need me with you now and always,
Promise me all you say is true,
That's all I ask of you." Christine's soprano voice sang softly, I peaked from behind the statue to get a look at Erik. I could see the sadness and loving in his eyes, and I could feel his heart begin to break. I needed to think of something.
"Let me be your shelter, let me be your light," Raoul began pulling Christine into his arms.
"You're safe, no one will find you, your fears are far behind." Christine walked away from Raoul's embrace.
"All I want is freedom, a world with no more night,
And you, with me beside me, to hold me and to hide me." Christine turned back to Raoul and he grabbed her hands, and they gazed into each other's eyes. I glanced at Erik who was hiding in the shadows of the statue, his face was a twist of anger and longing. I gripped the statue tougher, not even the sharp cold could hurt me now.
"then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime,
Let me lead you from your solitude,
Say you need me with you here beside you,
Anywhere you go, let me go to,
Christine that's all I ask of you." Raoul's light voice swam in the air, Erik had gotten many statutes closer and I could see his struggled breaths as Christine's back was pulled flush against Raoul's chest.
"Say you'll share with me, one love, one lifetime,
Say the word and I will follow you."
"Share each day with me, each night, each morning," they sang in harmony.
Say you love me." Christine harmonized.
"You know I do." Raoul answered in a sing song voice.
"Love me, that's all I ask of you." They sang in unison then kissed, Erik's heart shattered, He turned his back from them and I swear I heard muffled sobs, but the kissing couple were too caught up in each torches tongues to notice. Raoul picked her up and twirled her around still kissing, he gently set her down. "Anywhere, you go let me go to, love me, that's all I ask of you." They kissed again, shorter, thank the lord, this time.
"I must go, they'll wonder where I am, wait for me Raoul." Christine said sining lightly.
"Christine I love you." Raoul sang back kissing her once again.
"Order your fine horses, be with them at the door."
"And soon you'll be beside me."
"You'll guard me and you'll guide me." They exited from the door they came in and I slowly emerged from behind the statue. I watched Erik slowly walk to the rose, kneeling beside it. You could see he was broken, like a delicate glass that was thrown harshly to the ground.
"I have you my music,
Made your song take wing,
And now how you've repaid me; denied me and betrayed me,
He was bound to love you,
When he first heard you sing....
Christine.
Christine..." Erik's voice cracked at the end, he was silently crying now, clutching the rose to his chest.
In the background you could hear
Raoul and Christine's voices singing to each other. "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime,
Say the word and I will follow you,
Share each day with me, each night, each morning."
My hand flew over my mouth to stifle a sob, how could they do this...
My eyes wandered to Erik, he ground the rose between his fingers, rage consuming his body. I took a step back and watched him race to the statue laying in the corner. He climbed it with grace and shouted into the night sadness, and anger lacing his voice: "you I'll curse the day you did not do; all that the phantom asked of you!"
I slowly walked to the cement statue that Erik was sitting on. "To be honest with you Erik, I have no words to make you feel better." I stated quietly, he just looked at me, anger and sadness radiating within the depths of his eyes.
He jumped down from his position, towering over me, power and strength emanating from his body. "What are you doing here?" He hissed lowly, his fists clenched at his sides.
I flinched, then felt my anger build inside me. "Just because she went for Raoul does not mean it's over Erik! I can only do so much when you don't listen!" I spat through clenched teeth.
"I am a monster! That is why I do as a monster would!" He growled at me, our faces only inches apart, except I knew this one wouldn't end in a kiss.
"You think because you are as monster, it is inevitable that you act like one! You control your actions! You can't control what others think of you!" I countered rage seeping from every word.
His eyes softened at my words, he relaxed and backed up slowly. "I'm sorry, Amiele." His voice cracked and he buried his head in his hands, I slowly walked up to him, prying his hands from his face, and took his right hand in mine. His fingers were long and skinny, but I couldn't feel his skin because of the which leather gloves he wore. I took the Rose I had carried with me, the first one he gave me, and placed it in his hand. I closed it slowly around the rose, and kissed his knuckles.
"It's not over yet Erik." And with that I scurried off the roof, leaving the phantom alone and speechless.