Preperations

AMIELE'S POV:
There was now two days until the masquerade, late yesterday night I noticed Christine had necklace with a ring around it.
It was quite the news.
The engagement was on.
And things just got a lot more complicated.
I did not occupy the prima Donna room anymore, so me and Erik met in the chapel to go down to his home. I had been waiting five minutes for him to come, 'he's never late.' My mind prodded, Erik thought punctuality was extremely important.
I huffed in annoyance, I was the most impatient person on this earth. I went to the door Erik always retrieved me from and pressed the special stone that opened the passageway.
I began walking down the long and dark stony corridors, I would have made a terrible maze runner! I've traveled this more than fifty times and I still can't seem to find my way.
I was lost. 'Where's your intuition and luck now?' I asked myself, 'down the drain, I used it all up.'
I was walking aimlessly when I fell into a hole in the ground. I landed on my butt and looked around, there were mirrors everywhere, just like at the masquerade party. Except everything was warmer...
The humidity was rising at extremely high levels, and I could feel the heat bubbling around me.
I couldn't find my way out either! "Erik! ERIK! ERIK!" I screamed his name over and over again. Beads of sweat were forming on my face, and I was covered in a layer of sweat. My throat grew dry quickly and I crumbled to the ground. 'So this is how I am gonna die.... Interesting. At least it's in one of the phantoms traps.... That's pretty cool.'
I closed my eyes, the darkness threatening to consume me. It would be easier, for me to just die.
'No you mustn't! For Erik! For Cat!' My heart pleaded with me.
I didn't want to be strong though, and as I decided to let the darkness take reigns I heard my name being called in faintly.
ERIK'S POV:
I was multi-tasking between seeing my red death costume and writing my music when I heard someone screaming my name in the distance. I recognized the voice.
It's Amiele.
I dove in the water not caring that I would be wet and swam across the glassy lake as fast as I could. Her screaming had ceased but I still knew the direction it was coming from.
She was in my heated mirror illusion trap! I immediately stopped it and rushed in, scooping her up bridal style and running back to my lair. I brushed the hair away from her moist face, she was very sweaty.
My lips brushed her forehead and j felt her stir in my arms, it was comforting knowing I could make someone react to me from my touch. She snuggled in closer to my chest, and I felt a sense of relief and content flood over me.
I shook away the feeling and walked through the water, making sure to barely let the water touch her to help cool her off.
I set her down on the couch and stripped off her dress, making sure to keep her covered up in her corset and undergarments which were barely wet. I slid on some new clothes myself and put her in a silk blue nightgown. I picked her up again and put her down on my swan bed, I rarely used it anyway.
I got up I get a wet rag and small glass of water for when she woke. I sat by her bed after I put the rag on her forehead. I didn't want to leave her side, 'why did she come in the first place? Because it's lesson day....
And you didn't tell her you were canceling...'
This was my fault.
Damnit.
I felt my teeth clench at that thought, how could I be so selfish? I truly am a monster, to do this to her.
I could not leave her side now. I place another kiss on her forehead and stood vigil.
AMIELE'S POV:
My eyelids were heavy, I struggled for about five minutes to push them open, finally they fluttered and let the light in.
Everything around me was white and blurry, it looked like the outline of a person. "Am I in hell?" I asked them cluelessly.
I heard the outline chuckle, "and why my dear would you be in hell?" The familiar voice that belonged to Erik questioned humorously.
"Oh Erik! So I'm either alive or in heaven, I hope it's the latter." I said more to myself than anyone else, I blinked furiously and squinted my eyes.
"You never cease to amaze me." I heard Erik murmur breathily. I ignored the comment, not really wanting to decipher its meaning at the moment.
"Uh, how long was I out?" I mumbled blushing, I can't believe I passed out! I looked down to see I was not on my dress, my eyes went wide my breath quickened. Did he-
"No I did not change you, I simply took off your top layer." I immediately relaxed at his explanation, "and you slept through the night. It is about 8 o clock on the morning."
I gasped and I'm sure I went pale, the masquerade was tomorrow! ' I was out that long?' Apparently I had sis's it out loud, that or Erik could read minds (which wouldn't be surprising) because he nodded his head.
"I'm sorry, I should have told you I was canceling t I truly am a monster, I can't believe I was so selfish!" Erik ranted at himself, slamming I fist into the side of his head.
"Hey stop it, humans make mistakes, you forgot, you're forgiven. It doesn't make you a monster or I truly would be in hell! I am probably one of the most impatient people ever, quite unlike you, so if you are a monster, so am I." I stated pulling his fist from banging into his head. "Oh yea, I forgot, there has been a slight block on our plan, Christine is engaged."
"Yes, I know. I found out yesterday."
"Well, we should still go on with the plan as it is, I will be there with Firmin." Erik's body stiffened at his name, so I quickly changed the subject. "How is the costume going?"
"Good, that's why I needed to cancel, I need to focus on it. That and you don't need singing lessons anymore, you are as good as you cans get." He explained.
"Thanks I guess, I've really got to get going, I have to be prepared for tomorrow."