New Partner

NATSU'S POV

It was a warm day with a clear blue sky and little wind. I couldn't help but smile as Happy and I walked to the guild. My smile vanished as I neared the market. Me and Happy hear people screaming and running.

"Let's see what's happening" I suggested.

We headed towards the commotion. We got there and saw what was going on. The people were running from none other than Lucy Heartfilia. She was eating an apple in front of a shop, not caring about what's happening around her. Behind that tough and scary face of hers, I can see a hint of sadness in her eyes. This proves I was right. She's not as evil as everyone thinks she is.

"Natsu, it's good that I found you" I turn to my right and saw Gramps staring at Lucy. "Lucy! Please come here!"

Lucy glanced at Gramps before heading towards us. "What is it old man?" She asked.

"I want to introduce you to the guild members that will accompany you on your jobs" Gramps said as he points to me. "This is Natsu, an S-class wizard and his panther Happy. I thought you two might fit perfectly"

"Huh?" I looked at Gramps.

"The dragon and his flying cat?" Lucy raised a eyebrow at us. "Whatever"

"You want us to work with Red Blade?" Happy asked in shock.

"Yes and sorry I didn't tell you yesterday" he said. "Anyways, let's go to the guild. I need a drink"

The walk to the guild was quiet. Lucy was vigilant, keeping an eye on everything around us. I realized almost everyone was staring at us, no her and nobody is walking in the streets, making way for us. I hear many of them whispering nasty things about Lucy. She looked like she didn't care, but I know she's hurting. Now that Gramps has made us partners, I'll do everything in my power to show the world Lucy is a nice person no matter how long it takes.

When we entered the guild, I was speechless. Everyone at the guild were injured and bandaged. Erza has bandages on her forehead and arms. Gray has bandages on his head, arms and body. Mira only bandaged her right cheek. Laxus seems to have a broken arm. Lisanna, Macro and Wakaba wore neck collars. Elfman have a broken leg. Everyone's in a bad state except for Wendy, Carla, Levy, Gajeel, Lily, Juvia and little Asuka. All eyes were on Lucy and silence took hold of the room. Lucy glared at them making them cower in fear. "I totally forgot about this, well this will make them think twice before killing her"

"We told you she was dangerous! Look what happened to us!" Gray exclaimed, pointing a finger at Lucy.

"Why did she beat you up?" Gramps asked sounding uninterested. I guess he knows why they were beaten up.

"Because she's a killer! She started this!" Warren yelled. "She wanted gone for good!"

Lucy crossed her arms. She has a bored expression on her face, but I can tell she's pissed. "Really? I started this?"

"Y-Yes!" Droy responded, not looking at her.

"Will you stop lying! You all tried to kill her! She just did what any normal person should do, defend themselves!" I exclaimed.

"Aye!" Happy said.

"Natsu!" Erza glared at me.

I glared back. "Don't give me that look Scarlet!" I looked at Lucy. She was surprised and shocked that I defended her. Gramps just sighed.

"Master! Please do something about that monster! Just get rid of her!" Nab shouted desperately.

"Quiet! All of you!" Gramps's voice boomed. "This is your final warning, if you try something like this again, you'll be temporary kicked out of the guild for six months!"