Chapter 20

They went after Stella first who popped her head out of her blanket like a meerkat when she heard the glass break. They held her tightly and disappeared in thin air. The remaining 7 men split up. Four went to grabbed me and three snatched a Jessie. One of the men sprinkled a powder on me which cause a sharp pain to explode in my back. I screamed in agony. The dorm door started to wiggle and shake while someone was yelling on the other side. Jessie screeched and wiggled in their grasp as the same dude sprinkled powder on her back. I attempted to grow my wings out but only little nubs popped out of my back. Then someone took a matchte and sliced of the remaining part of my wings. The tears streamed down my face and the screams echoed throughout the room. A cloth was shoved in my mouth and my nose was plugged. I took in a deep breath and felt light headed. I saw black spots and look to the right. The last thing I saw was Jessie struggling and kicking.

*****
I awoke with a cold metal wrapped around my wrists and ankles. I groaned and shook off the groggy feeling and stood up. Some chains rattled beside me and Jessie appeared in my vision. To my self Stella was on her knees with tear stained cheeks.

"Your awake" She let out a sigh of relief. I nodded. The loud door creaked open which cause Stella to jump.

"Shit" She muttered under her breath. A tall man who looked about the age of 21 walked in. He flipped his mop of curly brown hair to the side and looked at me with pity. The door opened again and in came a man with gorgeous blue eyes and silky looking light brown hair. He slowly trailed his finger across my cheek. I shuddered at his touch and pulled away.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Jessabelle" I lied. A sharp pain ran throughout my face. My eyes widened. That fucker slapped me.

"Don't lie to me" He warned. "I'm going to ask one more time. What's your name?"

"Lucine" I muttered quietly.

"Good girl" He purred. "Bring them to their rooms" He instructed the curly haired boy. He nodded and unchain Stella first. She tried to run but the dudes long arms quickly wrapped around her waist.

"Don't make this any hard then it has to be" He snapped with a surprisingly deep voice. She whimpered and nodded. The guy brought Stella out of the room and came back a few minutes later.

"What did you do with Stella" I questioned with clenched teeth as he went to unchain Jessie.

"None of your business. Xander will be here soon to bring you to yours and his room." He tossed Jessie over his shoulder and walked out of the room just as the same boy who slapped me walked in. I was assuming his name was Xander. He quickly unchained me and grabbed my arm.

"Try to run and I will not hesitate to kill you. Your human now." He growled in my ear.