CHAPTER 18: Things Will Be Better Soon.....I Hope

MARA

Merrick told me everything his father told him in the office while I was chatting with his mother as we waited for the two to finish and I enjoyed the time with her very much so. Then once Merrick told me everything that his father had mentioned to him, I felt a bit more confused than I was already but he explained more to me so that I understood things more clearly.

His parents both had mentioned we shouldn't stay at the cottage because the Council could be watching us very closely and now that we were going to try and help more out with his father, we agreed to doing that.

Merrick and his father, they preferred my wording of things and my handwriting to look and sound more legit and believable to the council if we had written up some things to show them what 'they wanted to see.'

The only thing with that, in which I hadn't realized until after we finished writing the several papers and such, it wasn't until his father was handing Merrick the papers and telling him to give it to the councilmen, that I had realized how bad of an idea that was.

"Wait!" I mention. "What if we wait a little longer. Possibly another week or so?" I suggest.

"Why? The sooner I give them these, the more time we can have trying to get more evidence my father needs against the council." Merrick states.

"Yes but that could become a problem. Those letters and other papers that we wrote up there, if they were to get to them, you and I both know they would waste no time in trying to send things through, therefore, ending with your father possibly losing his position before we can even collect ENOUGH evidence to take them down with. Then who knows, maybe they would cancel the Alpha Games." I exclaimed.

Merrick and his father both looked at one another then back at me, both smiling.

"You have a very bright mate there." His father commented.

We all shared a good laugh and agreed to my suggestions then Merrick, his best friend and recently, Beta of the pack, along with the rest, all were going to help me train physically with my wolf.

I was excited for one because I have always wanted to train and become stronger than I am now or THINK I am right now. I feel I owed it not only to myself but to my wolf too. Then for the next few weeks, we trained really hard and I instantly had caught on as did my wolf and I felt better than I have in a long time, both physically and even mentally.

Throughout the weeks too, we were trying to collect enough evidence against the councilmen, and Merrick and his father had even convinced a lot of others to resign updated treaties and to go along with him to help present the evidence against the councilmen and to sign as well that they all had agreed to what he has decided.

Between learning from the guys, I have also learned how to handle in becoming a great strong Luna and leader, from his mother. Today, in fact, we both were in the kitchen and she was showing me how to make Merrick's favorite dish and happened to be a family recipe.

We were talking about random things and she even told me some stories about my parents who I miss greatly and was becoming more and more worried about them. The last I heard from them was actually a few days ago telling me they promise to come and see me as soon as they were finished with what they were doing.

Multiple times, I tried asking them what was going on and how worried I have been. Once more, they seemed hurried and that they had no time to talk and then............. Nothing.

"I know you worry greatly about your parents but believe me, I know they are okay." Merrick's mother reassures me as she gently places her hands over mine and just by looking into her eyes as she tells me that, I do feel reassured. Almost reassured as if it were my mother who told me.

We continued to make the dinner and even his favorite dessert and I have to admit, I have some talent in the baking and cooking department. Not that I'm bragging of course and know it'll take time to get better at everything but I am quite surprised and pleased at how good the things turned out.

When Merrick and the guys had all come back home from their two-day trip in trying to get signatures and witnesses, I noticed that they were laughing as if they had a great time and I loved seeing that.

The moment they walked in, however, I noticed they all stopped and sniffed the air until it lead them towards the dining room where I had just sat down the last platter of food, did I see him look at the meal and grin at me in a sexy way.

"Your mother told me what your favorite food was to have and dessert. So she showed me so that I would know how, in the future." I explained to him after he walked up and embraced me, like he always does, in a tight hug and gives me a kiss.

"I love it. Thank you, baby." He tells me.

"You're welcome." I smiled in reply.

Once the guys all got themselves cleaned up to eat, we all sat around and enjoyed a very delicious and nice dinner along with sharing laughter and random things that we each had thought of. It was nice to have a great family meal like this. I haven't had one in a very long time and although it's hard to not think about my parents and have some type of worrying going on with them, I can't help but think about how much better things will be when they return and how I hope they explain to me what they have been doing and why they acted the way that they did.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)