sneaking out | ellie williams

summary: somehow, you were able to coax ellie out her room to join you on a small adventure - not that she’s complaining one bit

warnings: mentions of blood/gore + mature language
___________________________________

The gentle knock at her door pulled her from her drawings. glancing over to the clock settled on her desk, ellie noticed it was a little after midnight. who was the person knocking at her for this late at night?

t

he question was answered for her the minute she opened the door, finding you dressed in your winter gear, usually saved for patrol in the early mornings. “what are you doing here?” the sentence came out with a slight bitterness as ellie peeked past you toward joel’s house.

Luckily still finding the lights out, meaning you hadn’t raised suspicions in getting her. “get dressed and meet me outside when you’re done.” ellie caught your smile just as you pulled the door back closed.

Ellie begrudging pulled on her winter coat and boots, making sure to grab her gloves and knife from her end table before opening the door once more, being greeted by your warm smile as she sighed. you grabbed her gloved hand and pulled her along with you as you began to walk, taking some back parts of town before getting to your destination.

Ellie only mildly complained the entire walk to the wall. 

ellie stood confused as she watched you wave to someone in the guard tower, more so when the doors slid open just enough for the two of you to slide through the opening.
She was about to question what was going on but found you had already slipped through and were calling out for her to join you. 

Once she slid through, she turned, almost hating to ruin the sweet smile you had plastered on your face. “what the hell is going on?” she asked exasperated, watching as you twisted your hands nervously, something you did when you were trying to hide something, she noticed. 

“i bribed joseph to let us out tonight, wanted to show you something.” and before she could question you more, you had taken off toward the forest. And like any sane person, she followed you.

you had a knack for getting the two of you into some odd situations, or as ellie usually called them, death wishes. the number of times you hadn’t placed your footing right and a clicker almost jumped you was too many times to count. and the part that got her, you laughed every single time.

But this little adventure into the woods was something quite extreme, even for you.

Just as she was about to stop you to head back, the trees opened to a clearing, and a small cabin sat toward the middle of the clearing. you had turned, calling her name as you gestured to the cabin.

R

eluctantly, she followed you up and in, pausing in the doorway as you shut the door behind her and got the fire lit. it wasn’t until light had come into the dark area that ellie noticed the set up.

the kitchen table had been pulled from the kitchen, in front of the fireplace. two chairs sat on opposite sides of the table, which had been adorned with some kitchenware and a vase of wildflowers. 

“What is all of this?” ellie asked as you shrugged out of your coat, tossing it over the couch as you smiled sheepishly at her. “just a little something… i figured you could use a break and thought what better way than to get you somewhere quiet.” you walked closer to her, fiddling with the zipper on her coat before teasingly sliding it down. ellie giggled along with you, aiding you in getting the coat off and out of your sight. 

You nudged her toward the table, pulling the chair out for her and pressing a kiss to her cheek, feeling the warmth rush under the skin.

You stepped out, running into the kitchen to grab the meals you had prepared for the night. well, you had maggie from the pub put it together for you, but you weren’t going to tell ellie that. plus, it was her favorite.

So, getting to watch her eyes light up as you entered with the two steaming plates of food was the icing on the cake. you heard her laugh as the food was set in front of her, patiently waiting for you to get settled before she dug into her plate. moaning at the taste as the food hit her tongue, hearing an equal response from you as you tucked into your food.

your “dinner date” was quiet, not seeing the need to talk when your actions spoke for themselves. ellie’s arm laid across the table, her hand wrapped around yours as you ate. it was perfect.

More so when the two of you had finished, you told her to leave the plates, gently tugging her towards the upstairs and to the furthest bedroom at the end of the home. 

Somehow, you had managed to move the old bed to the middle of the room, laying untorn blankets and slightly weathered pillows across the spread.

You weren’t planning to sleep overnight, not that you really needed a reason to have maria breathing down your neck, but you wanted somewhere comfortable to lay and enjoy with ellie.

You sat quietly for a moment, staring up at the stars and listening to the rustle of the trees as the winter wind blew through, until you looked over, finding ellie staring at you. “what are you looking at?” you smiled, pulling your bottom lip between your teeth as you watched ellie’s gaze drop to your lips.

I

t a quick second, ellie’s lips were on yours, molding against yours as she pulled you close. your hands come up, trailing along her sides until they reached her jaw, gently pulling her closer to you. 

her hands settled at your waist, pulling you basically into her lap as she moved her lips to the column of your throat, smiling as sharp gasps escaped when she would nip in certain places. she’d have to remember those.

Her lips left yours when she felt you push against her shoulders, guiding her to lay on her back as you straddled her hips, leaning down to press kisses to her neck as you slowly unzipped her jacket.

Her hands stopped you, her smiling right back up at you as she rezipped her jacket. “we should probably get back, don’t know how long you managed to bribe for some time outside.” she held out her hand, pulling you up with her before walking back downstairs to get redressed in your winter gear.

Just as you were about to open the door, ellie caught you one last time. her lips pressing against yours, “thank you for dinner.” you smiled up at her, clasping her hand in yours as you pulled her out of the cabin. “any time.”
_____________________________________

Originally posted by Sparrow-hawk