Scars | Ellie Williams

Warning - just fluff and more fluff

Originally posted by scoped44magnum
_________________________________

Their wasn’t a lost connection per say, or lack of love.

No none of that. Ellie meant a lot.

It was just lately after she returned from her revenge mission to California she had been more quieter. Or at least more than normal. You worried for her, questioned what happened, hoped that today on your date would be when opened up. 

Hopefully.

“How about I play a song for you?” Ellie suggested as she reached for her guitar.

Before she could press the guitar to her body you stopped her movements by placing your hand on top of hers. Making her look up at you with a quirked brow and a half smile.

“Before you do,” you begin quietly, “I want to talk.”

“Okay,” her smile fell and her expression twisted into one of confusion and worry, “what about?”

While you took a seat beside her she was careful to watch your movements, millions of thoughts going through her head on what this could be about.

“First I want to say that I love you.” You grab her hand but she pulls it away discreetly, hiding it under her coat sleeve.

“I love you too.” She adds shyly, her smile tugging at her lips.

“You can tell me anything you know that.”

She chuckles softly, her worry once again returning, “I know.”

It was a slip up on her part, trying to fix her sleeve to hide her hand and the mark on it, an action you quickly caught, a mark you immediately noticed—in a hasty move before she could pull away you grabbed her hand and turned it to show the bite mark.

“Ellie?! Did you get bit?” Your eyes widened, hearing your heart hammering in your chest and feeling a new sense of fear for your long time girlfriend. “Why-why didn’t you tell me?” Said girl quickly pulled her hand away, hiding it once again under her coat sleeve. “No! No, I’m okay! I’m okay I swear.”

Your curiosity skyrocketed, having more questions than actual answers that you sought for before. The overwhelming and confusing feelings flooding your mind making you jump to your feet, as if that would help anything. “What do you mean? You’re bit. You—”

“I’m immune! I’m immune.” Ellie assured you as she stood on her feet too, one hand grabbing your shoulder and the other one going to cup your cheek, her eyes softening and trying to assure you in every way, “I’ll be okay I promise.”

“You’re immune?” Your eyebrows knot together, the concept still not grasping in your mind, “you’ll be okay?”

“Yeah I’ll be okay.” She smiled warmly her other hand cupping your cheek before she pressed a kiss on your forehead.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” You probed, the worry for her well being still present in your voice.

She shrugged, her hands leaving your cheeks and hiding her scar under her sleeve again; “I don’t know. It’s not that I didn’t want to…it’s just, I was scared of what you would say. Of what you would think.”

A smile finally makes it on your lips while you sit to retake your seat beside her, carefully grabbing her hand and stroking her scar with your thumb while also sharing your thoughts on her worry, “did you think I was going to think any less of you because of your immunity? Because of your bite mark?”

She simply shrugged, her eyes focused on your thumb stroking her scar before she pulled her hand away to raise her sleeve and show her tattoo that covered her chemical burn.

“This one was the first time I got bit,” she showed, your eyes falling on said scar and now realizing that her chemical burn wasn’t an accident but on purpose.

“The one on my hand was when I was in California.” She avoided your eyes and just left them to wonder her scars, obviously the fact that she had them bothering her and making her feel some sort of way after telling you.

Noticing that you grabbed her hand and pressed a gentle kiss on the bite mark. The gesture making her smile and her cheeks to get a tint of a gentle pink. You took her other hand in yours and pressed a kiss on her chemical burn before tilting your head up and showing her a smile.

“I love you. Nothing is going to change that.” You stroke her cheek before she pulls you in for a passionate kiss, her smile showing through it.

Once she pulled away she only parted far enough for your noses to touch, her next words sweet and quiet, “I love you.”

“Can you tell me the story of how you got your first bite?” You asked her.

“Okay,” she beamed, “it’s a long story.”