Fine Line part15 | Ellie Williams

warnings: angst, smut 

You can find the original story on tumblr @/andvys
_________________________

“please don’t leave.” she whispered, pleading with her eyes “don’t leave me.” 

You stared into her eyes, trying to read her emotions. 

“why?” you asked her. 

She furrowed her brows at your questions, not understanding how you could ask this.

Did she really need to tell you why?

why?” she muttered.

Nodding your head, you waited for an answer, impatiently. 

“I told you not to leave me and you ask me why?” she questioned, shaking her head “isn’t it enough that I want you to stay?” she asked, dropping her hands to her side as she took a step back from you, her gaze turning from a worried one into an angry one.

No longer feeling the warmth from her, a shiver ran down your spine at the way she was glaring at you. 

Reminding you of old times.

Blinking, you took a deep breath “I never said it’s not enough, I wanna know why.” you explained, crossing your arms over your chest as you waited for her to say something. 

“you know why, y/n.” she muttered, looking away from you, guiltily. 

She wanted to say these three words so badly but she was afraid to scare you away even more.

Nodding, you pursed your lips, looking down at the floor. 

So you were right, the reason why she wanted you to stay wasn’t because she had feelings for you but because she was just worried about a friend getting hurt. 

Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath before you looked up at her again, noticing how she was still looking away. She looked like she wanted to say more but couldn’t, she couldn’t even look you in the eyes right now. 

You knew that she knew that you had feelings for her, that you have fallen for her and now she felt bad because she didn’t reciprocate the same feelings after making the first move.

At least that’s what you thought. 

You should’ve known it was just sex and friendship to her. 

Of course she wouldn’t have these type of feelings for you, after everything. 

Tears started welling up in your eyes when realization dawned on you, she didn’t feel the same way, she didn’t love you. 

You felt like the room was closing in on you, the air was getting thicker and you desperately wanted to leave. 

Deciding not to wait until tomorrow you walked past Ellie and grabbed your backpack and started to fill it with things you would need for that trip, blinking the tears away while you were doing so. 

Ellie turned around, furrowing her brows as she watched you pack your backpack hastily. 

A sinking feeling set in her stomach when she realized you were packing to leave.