Finr Line part2 | Ellie Williams

warnings: angst, slow burn

A/N: hi! I'm sorry if the first few chapters are gonna seem a little boring, I promise it’s gonna get a whole lot better! one more thing, You can find the original story on tumblr @/andvys 
________________________

The next day you woke up feeling even more tired and exhausted than the day before and for some reason your back felt really sore, you could probably blame it on the sofa. 

After you came home yesterday you went straight into the bedroom, packed your backpack and prepared yourself for the upcoming trip. You couldn't wait to get out of Jackson after finding your boyfriend, well, ex boyfriend cheating on you. 

You felt nothing but hate and disgust for that man and for some reason it wasn't even hard to hate him. 

Instead of sleeping in your bed you decided to sleep on the sofa in the living room, you sure as hell wouldn't sleep in the same bed where he probably cheated on you.

It was 6 am now and Ethan wasn't home yet, you knew his shift ended at 5 am. He was supposed to be home a long time ago, you didn't need to think hard enough to know where he was right now. ‘At least I won't have to see him right now.’ you thought to yourself.

You felt stupid for not realizing that he was cheating on you earlier. The signs have been there for a while now but you ignored them. He always came late or he had to take double shifts, his behavior was off and he couldn't even look you in the eye. 

To be fair you had to take double shifts as well after the herd attacked, so you didn't even think anything of it but still the way he behaved around you was enough to know that there was something going on.

What annoyed you was that you had to find out through Ellie. Out of all people it had to be her, she was probably celebrating your miserableness right now and now you had to spend weeks alone with her, she would probably make it a living hell.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you put your shoes on, grabbed your backpack and left your house.

|Time Skip|

When you arrived at the gates, Ellie was already there, along with Joel, Maria and Tommy, it looked like Joel was showing her something on the map.

“good morning.” you smiled at them, ignoring Ellie’s gaze on you.

“good morning y/n.” they greeted you. 

“did you get a good night’s sleep kid?” Joel asked. 

“yeah.” you lied, you barely slept last night, your mind was racing, you were mad at Ethan and you were anxious about the trip.

“that’s good, it’s probably the last time you got to sleep well for a while now.” Maria said. 

It was true, you knew you wouldn't sleep well out there, even when someone was with you. 

“that’s true.”

“alright, well you should go now. We explained everything to Ellie, already, she’s gonna fill you in.” Maria told you. 

Great, more conversations with the girl that hates you.

“you take care of each other out there alright?” Joel said, looking at both you and Ellie.