Fine Line part9 | Ellie Williams

warnings: angst

You can find the original story on tumblr @/andvys
_____________________

Ellie was angry and mad. Mad at you. After the kiss, you acted like nothing happened.

As if the kiss never happened.

As if you didn’t share an intimate moment.

The way you looked at her had her thinking that you might feel something for her.

The way you gasped when she kissed you or the way you looked at her wide eyed after you pulled away from each other, there was a spark and Ellie knew you felt it too but the day after the kiss you looked at her like it never happened, like you didn’t feel it.

It made her feel insecure and sad, it meant something to her but it seemed like it didn’t matter to you, this is exactly why she was acting like she hated you all these years. Ellie knew she had no chance with you so before she’d get herself hurt she decided to push you away and avoid you as much as she could.

The car ride was awkward and silent unlike the ones before. Ellie seemed to be mad at you, as she only grumbled out replies or would occasionally send glares your way.

It felt like you were back to where you first started.

You knew it was your fault, you gave her the cold shoulder after the kiss but that kiss made you feel something that wasn’t there before, it opened your eyes and made you realize something, something you weren’t sure you were ready to accept.

“shit..” Ellie mumbled as she slowed down the car.

Looking up from the map you noted the fallen tree that was blocking the road. Just great.

“oh no.” you muttered, when you looked at the map to see that this was the only road you could take.

Ellie groaned in annoyance as she stopped the car, looking over at you, she noticed the frustrated look on your face.

“it’s the only way.” you told her, showing her the road on the map.

“great.” she muttered, rubbing her temple, she looked more than annoyed right now “guess we’re on foot again.”

“guess so..” you mumbled as you got out of the car.

You and Ellie grabbed the two bags of guns and filled your backpacks with all the medical supplies.

You looked at the box that was filled with christmas lights, that you found back at one of the apartments you slept in. You looked at it in sadness, you wanted to bring it back so you could hang them in whatever new apartment or house you’d get but you didn’t wanted to carry this huge box back to Jackson and there was no space left in your backpack.

“you okay?” Ellie asked.

“yup.” you replied before you grabbed your shotgun and went to get your flannel and the map that was still laying on the passenger seat.

Ellie knew you wanted those fairy lights but carrying a box while looking out for infected and having to be ready to fight at all times wasn’t the best idea.