Chapter 46

I was smoking my cigarette at the rooftop of the building I am currently working for. It wasn't the same company but at least, I feel comfortable that I get to do the things I usually do here too. I am learning new things as well as they were learning from my experience on my past job.

I blew the smoke out of my mouth as the wind blew right into my face.

Damn, it's been a whole three months since I left Bohol. And it's been two months since I started working again. Who would've thought that I would survive all those issues I had in the past when I came back?

Well . . . my parents grew colder at me but I do understand. Isa na lang talaga sa pinagpapasalamat ko, hindi na masyadong mahirap sa akin dahil bumalik na ako sa condo ko—namin ni Enzo.

As for Enzo . . . I've never heard from him anymore. And I don't think I want to hear from him anymore either. I might've caused him pain and trauma in the past but he did the same thing too. Kung hindi pa ako nakatagpo ng kabaliktaran niya sa ibang lugar, hindi ko mare-realize na hindi lang ako ang toxic sa relasyon namin noon. Siya rin.

I was verbally abused by him too . . . and like I invalidated the feelings of the people around me, I invalidated mine too.

I smoked my cigarette once again before I threw the cigarette butt in the nearby trash can. I turned and leaned my back on the railings. I enjoyed the cold breeze that's blowing upon all of us here on the rooftop.

"Kumusta ka na kaya?" I whispered to myself.

I haven't heard from Grayson, either. I tried stalking all of his social media accounts but he doesn't have any new posts everywhere. Deleted na rin ang lahat ng pictures ko except sa isang picture na hindi ko alam na kinuha niya pala.

In the photo, I was wearing a yellow two-piece bikini. The sun was setting and it was my background. In the photo, I was facing my back so the strings of my bikini, messy bun hair and my skin were the only thing that you can see from my whole body in the photo. It was captioned:

I hate summer so much—

The traffic that the tourists cause us locals.

But this . . .

This is the only Summer that I fell in love with—

In each and every day.

I can't help but smile in bittersweet because I never saw that before. I never checked my social media accounts back when I was in Bohol because I was avoiding everyone that might contact me from Manila. I wanted to focus on my trip . . . to focus on him . . . like I promised him.

Hindi ko tuloy alam kung ano-ano ba ang mga post na ni-tag niya sa akin noon at kung ano ang mga caption na inilagay niya. Grayson is very good with using his words so it's a shame that I never saw his recent posts before I decided for a social media detox.