Chapter 31

Fuck, I can't sleep.

It's been an hour and it feels like every inch we move, we fucking react! Like, I turned around and then Grayson will look at me. When he's the one who moved a little, napapakislot naman ako!

Damn . . . is this really a wrong decision?

"A-Are you awake?" I asked.

"Uh huh . . ." He chuckled sexily. I gulped. "Who in their right mind would be able to sleep soundly and eventually in this kind of situation?"

I gulped nervously. I couldn't look at him anymore because I'm really afraid! Konting titig lang, parang hinihigit na ang hininga naming dalawa. I decided to just . . . just stare at this ceiling. Mas safe pa.

"C-Can you tell me . . . a story?" I nervously asked. "P-Para makatulog."

He became silent. I was about to take back my request when he talked.

"About what?"

"About . . . y-your daughter."

Nagbuntonghininga siya. He was silent but it feels like he's willing to tell me stories. Like, I don't hear any hard breathing. There was just silence and then a little bit of sighs.

He moved a little. "She's already three years old by now. Her birthday is on February 18. Her name is . . . Love. Lovely. I decided on that name since her mother asked me to."

I listened silently to his husky voice telling me stories about her daughter as I kept on staring at the ceiling.

"The reason why I named her that is because she is, indeed, lovely. She's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. But apart from that . . . I want to give her something that her parents didn't give to each other."

Napakunot-noo ako nang dahil do'n, kasabay ng paglingon sa kan'ya. He's also staring at the ceiling as he talks.

"We, Jenna and I, never really have this love-thing for each other. So . . . ayun. I've decided to name her with something that her parents don't have for each other. Love. Kahit doon man lang, makabawi kami bilang magulang."

"Why, though?" I suddenly asked. Muntik ko pang takpan ang bibig ko dahil do'n.

He took a deep breath before he continued talking.

"Jenna's a woman I met in a bar. We had a few drinks, had sex a few times since we became a fuck buddy for, more than a month, I guess? We had clear commitments to each other that we won't have any other person to have sex with. For that whole two weeks, kami lang dapat. But I found out from our mutual friend that she and her ex-boyfriend met in a five-star hotel. They ate in a restaurant there. And who knows what happened there, right?"

He slightly chuckled. "And so I cut ties with her. She agreed too since there is certainly no love that's binding the both of us. We're just both party people that met in the middle of the dancefloor." He sighed. "And then a month later, she asked to meet me. She told me that she's pregnant and I am the father."