Chapter 48

My mind is all over the place right after Grayson and I met yesterday

My mind is all over the place right after Grayson and I met yesterday. I couldn't do my job well anymore. All I did was space out . . . thinking about all the things that could've been if I ever decided to choose myself that time.

Nakauwi na ulit ako ng condo galing sa trabaho. Gusto ko sanang magluto ng makakain na kahit na ano pero wala pa rin akong gana gumawa. All I wanted was to sleep . . . and drink alcohol . . . smoke cigarettes.

I was lying on my bed, still wearing the clothes I wore in my work today, when my phone rang. Ibinaba ko muna ang sigarilyo sa ashtray bago kinuha ang cellphone sa side table. Napakunot-noo ako nang makita ang pangalan ni Jenna sa caller ID, kasabay ng pagkabog ng dibdib ko.

I was hesitant if I would answer her call because I'm afraid that this has something to do with Grayson, but then, I remembered how stubborn I was back then para lang pumayag siya na makipagkita sa akin. In the end, I decided to answer it.

"Hey," I said.

"Hello! Where are you?" she asked.

"I'm in my condo right now. Why?"

"Well . . ." She sighed. "I thought you'd be back in Bohol! Didn't you talk with Grayson kahapon?" she asked.

Napakunot-noo ako. "Uhh . . . yes."

She sighed. "Akala ko naman magkasama na kayo! Grayson's back in Bohol again but why are you still there?"

"Huh?"

She chuckled. "He's been here for over a month already, watching you from afar. I think he's waiting for your stomach to get bigger?"

Napaawang ang bibig ko. "What???"

She chuckled again. "Grayson stayed with us for that whole month and he told me that you threw the bottle of birth control pills that you bought. He's probably thinking that you're pregnant that's why he stayed silent, watching you."

I couldn't talk. I couldn't process anything that she's saying right now.

If Grayson's watching me for over a month already, is it possible that he saw me in a bar the other day? Is he worried for the baby to be harmed because I drank alcohol? And danced with people???

"W-What???"

She sighed. "You owe me one, remember?" she asked, which made me more nervous. "I'll be the one to ask you a favor this time."

I gulped before talking. "W-What is it?"

She sighed. "Stop thinking about Love and I. We were doing fine here. Grayson and I are already on good terms now, thanks to you. I gave his rights over Lovely back because I realized that you're right. The weekend we spent in Bohol proved to me that Grayson changed for the better and he deserved this chance to be with our daughter."

Hindi ko alam kung anong dapat kong isagot sa mga sinasabi niya ngayon. At the moment, I'm still puzzled because of what she said. Grayson's here for over a month . . . what the hell?