Episode 11: Bathing

Kai was still awake when Lulu and the others got into the room with their belongings

Vi face palmed. "I thought you were going to sleep."

"I can't make you all put all our things away," Kai said.

Alice put her hands on her hips. "You've gotten two hours of sleep. Don't be like our mother."

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "It didn't take us four hours to get into town?"

Vi rubbed her husband's shoulders. "Still, honey. People should really get more than four hours of sleep."

"Listen to your wife," Mrs. Edna said.

When Lulu looked around the room, the young men had already finished putting their belongings away.

The one with blue eyes smiled at Lulu. "Just doing our job, Miss. We do this every day."

Kai pushed a coin into his friend's hand. "Thank you."

Vi kissed her husband before she, his siblings, and the staff left the room.

"Vi, did they do that the last time you and Kai were here?" Lulu asked.

"Your brother had me on his back and all of our belongings strapped to his chest when we got the gate. One of the guys took it from us and ran ahead to Mrs. Edna's inn." Vi smiled as she shook her head. "Jack led us there, and by the time we got there, they had already unpacked everything for us."

Sky's eyes widened. "Are they like magicians or something?"

"I don't think so." Vi giggled. "They're probably just really good at their jobs."

Jack smiled as he strolled up to them. "You're planning on heading into town, right?"

"Yes..." Vi raised her eyebrows. "Don't you have work to do?"

"Mrs. Edna asked my boss if I could take you around town. She figured it'd be nice for you since you weren't able to do that the first time."

"Did you have something specific in mind?" she asked.

Jack shook his head. "You can pick a direction. I'm happy to go with the flow. This is your trip, not mine."

"Could you point out any historically significant things we happen to come across?" Alice asked.

Jack bowed to Alice. "I would love to."

"I'm sorry to ask this now." Vi's cheeks reddened. "Would you happen to know a place where my sisters and I can bathe?"

"I do." Jack turned his back to them. "Will you be able to find your way back to the inn if I lead you there? I'd rather not leave room for people to accuse me of doing unsavory things to pretty girls."

Vi nodded. "Understandable. We can do that."

Sky scrunched his nose. "I don't want to take a bath. I'll go back to the room and keep an eye on Kai."