Episode 29

***Alice***

"You got away once," a gray-haired man said. "You won't be so lucky a second time."

Alice turned her head and hmphed despite the gag in her mouth.

What did these weirdos even want from her? Kai and Vi had participated in the war and had powers. Sky and Lulu were kids with powers, so they were better choices.

Shivers ran down her spine as a pair of bony hands grasped her face. "We meet again, Adele."

Alice bit through the gag and spat it out. "Huh? My name is Alice!"

"Oh, child... You have sorry excuses for parents."

What did he mean by that? Edgar and Amethyst were the best parents she could ask for.

"They kept truths from you."

Alice gritted her teeth. "And why exactly would my parents lie to me?"

"They are not your parents. They took you from us when you were a little girl."

"Ha. There is no way my family would ever live next to that creepy valley."

"But you did recognize it."

Was this creepy old guy trying to imply that he was her grandpa? If he was, Alice was better off not having one.

"If you're trying to imply that I'm a member of your family, I refuse to believe that."

Fire emanated from Alice's body, freeing her from her binds.

The old guy gasped. "You truly are Morderu's child!"

And why would anyone want that?

"Seize her!"

The image of a boy with red hair and green eyes flashed through her mind. He swung a wooden sword, trying to slice a falling leaf.

Alice formed a flame sword and swung out. "Keep your hands off me!" The men fell to the floor as they jumped back to avoid it, falling one over the other.

Purple energy appeared from thin air and flew at the men.

Alice's eyes widened. "Mom?"

Thyst smacked their heads together. "Knew that Ed was acting weird."

Allie directed her fire sword toward the source of the footsteps, lighting up the darkness to get a better look as her mom continued to pummel the cultists. While they might've kidnapped her, she sort of felt bad for them now.

"Thyst? What are you doing here?" a voice called out.

Allie smiled as soon as she saw it was her dad and brother.

Jack pulled out a rope. As did Edgar. They then typed up the cultists.

Kai put Allie on his horse.

Edgar blushed as he handed his wife a cloth. "Uh, Thyst, dear..."

Thyst glared at him as blood covered her face.

"Dad, run!"

Kai stiffened and blinked. "Wait, who is caring for Chi?"

Thyst put her hands on her hips. "Who else but Willie?"

Kai smiled. "That good boy. Should get him some bones when I return."

"You can give him the bones of these guys." Thyst cracked one of the arms of one. "Assuming any are left intact."

Alden shivered.