Episode 26: Concern

Thyst closed the door to Chi's room and walked back to her own room

Thyst closed the door to Chi's room and walked back to her own room. "Ed, how are the kids doing?"

Ed kept silent.

"What's with that? Why aren't you talking?"

He sighed. "They've run into some trouble, but they'll be fine."

"Trouble? Why didn't you say so?!"

Ed raised his arms. "Let, Chi's sleeping."

She lowered her head. "Ed, what are you hiding?"

"It's nothing bad, at least no worse than what you hid from Violet."

The lady looked up at her husband. "Are you holding that against me too?"

"They treated it right away. You could have hurt yourself worse and not healed properly."

"Hannah didn't want me to worry Violet either." She lowered her head. "But, you're right. I'm being a hypocrite..."

Ed hugged her.

Thyst pushed him away. "I'm going to go take Willie for a walk, alone.

He frowned.

Thyst sighed as she walked away with her dog. She wandered away from town.

"My, my, I didn't expect to see the Gatekeeper of Nachima here," a man said.

Thyst jumped. "You, who are you?"

The man smiled as he put on a pair of sunglasses. "I'm known as Shades in the world of your friend, Noelle."

Her jaw dropped. "You know Noelle?"

"Yes. I also knew the boy you had to care for. Poor guy, losing his mind after seeing that sad sight." Shades removed his glasses. "Well, I better get going. Came to see a certain someone, but seems she isn't here. He closed his eyes. This cursed world still gives me chills." He rubbed his shoulders.

Ame blinked as the man held out a key, opening a gateway. He was a Key keeper?

"Chi! Don't run off like that!" Ed gasped. "Let?"

Ame turned around and crossed her arms. "Think I just met a Key Keeper... Or a Lock from Engrada."

Ed gasped. "A masquerade is here? But this world has been untouched by them thus far."

Ame nodded. "He said that he was here to see someone, but she wasn't here."

Ed rubbed his chin. "So, it's a girl." His eyes widened. "A masquerade like fellow... Could it be..."

"You know something?"

Ed looked up, face pale. "Let, take care of Chi. I'm going to go check up on Allie and the others."

"Okay." Ame watched as her husband teleported away.

"Something wrong?" Chi asked.

Thyst picked up her grandson and patted his head. "Not sure, but I'm sure everything will be fine. Your grandpa can handle a lot of things."

"Really? I think Grandma can handle more!"

Thyst laughed and snuggled the kid. "Aww, that makes me happy. Let's go play with the kitty toy that your UnSta got you."

*Shades*

Johann stepped forward even though the darkness covered everything.

"Ahh, the boy who survived the massacre of Ram Village. What brings you back here?"

Johann curled his hands into fists. "I came to see if the one I had brought to this world from Nachima could be found, but it seems she wasn't where I thought."

"No, that's because she is here. That girl and the one who survived the burning of Deer Village."

"She is?"

"Yes. Now, 'Shades' bring both of them to me and I might just revive your dear old mom."

Shades lowered his head. He wasn't sure whether he should trust him. For all he knew, he could bring her back but as a shadow of her former self. The realm of Morderu wasn't one anyone could return from and still be sane."

***

Happy birthday to Ame!

Thoughts? Theories? Predictions?

~Shino out!