Episode 31: Masquerade

Sky screamed

Sky screamed.

The masked man scoffed. "Am I seriously hurting you?"

Alden growled. "I highly doubt you'd be so pleased if the shoe was on the other foot."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"Who is Captain Obvious?" Lulu asked.

Edgar tried to hit the masked man with a blast of energy.

The masked man folded his arms. "I'm not impressed."

Alden gritted his teeth. "And what exactly would it take to impress a monster like you?"

"Far more than what you flies are capable of." He smirked. "Like that Alain. He actually put up a better fight."

Thyst could feel heat was coming off her body. "Right. You're not afraid to kick a child when they're down."

"Simmer down, lady. It's not my fault that boy has no sense of self-preservation. He chose to run off on his own."

She gulped. He had a point. Noelle's Key Keeper was as bad as Thyst.

"That doesn't mean that it didn't do damage to his body!" Thyst shouted.

"Let." Edgar put a lot of emphasis on that name. "He wants you to get angry, to get flustered, to get sloppy."

The masked man laughed and hit Edgar in the back. "You're right, but you should pay attention to yourself, old man."

"Ed!" Ame swiped at the masked man, sending him flying. "Ed, are you alright?"

Edgar flinched. "I guess I had that one coming."

Alden jumped, trying to hit the masked man with his sword.

The masked man made Alden drop his sword and climb a nearby tree.

"How do you intend to get down from there, big shot?"

Alden slowly inched his way toward the tree trunk. From there, he shimmied his way to the ground.

Lulu threw a blast of light at the masked man's eyes.

"Wow. Did you really think that would work?"

"Would you rather that we played dead like dogs?" Edgar asked.

The masked man scoffed. "Of course not. That would be boring." He threw a gush of water, hosing down the two Gate Keepers. "I'm bored."

Vi stumbled to her feet.

Lulu's eyes widened. "Vi, are you alright?"

Why wasn't she saying anything?

Lulu had to jump out of the way of a sweeping whip.

"You really are evil!" Kai shouted.

Ame screeched.

The masked man smirked. "Did I strike a nerve?"