Episode 18: Statue

When Lulu woke up, she found her siblings, Chi, Star, Del, and Noah in a sort of living room area

When Lulu woke up, she found her siblings, Chi, Star, Del, and Noah in a sort of living room area. Star was on the floor with Chi. He was taking turns with Chi to put wooden shapes in a small box.

Lulu grinned. "Aw!"

Vi put her hands on her hips. "Star is a doting uncle, isn't he?"

Chi crawled over to Lulu. "U.U.!"

Star made strange hand motions before pointing to Lulu. "Lulu."

Vi gasped. As did Betty when she came in. Everyone else blinked three times.

Lulu rubbed her ears. Did that just happen?

Chi smiled as he pointed at Lulu. "Luu!"

His siblings all had big smiles on their faces. They looked so relieved.

Betty turned to Noah. "Is En still sleeping?"

"Yeah." Noah frowned. "I had to work my magic. He just couldn't get to sleep."

Kai patted his back. "I'm going to catch your brothers a nice breakfast. I'm sure they'll enjoy it."

The lady who owned the inn came in as Kai left. "That reminds me, I need to go buy food, so you can all eat breakfast. Please let my staff know if you need anything else."

"Let me come with you," Betty said.

"That's not necessary," she said.

"It's the least we can do after eating you out of house and home."

The lady laughed. "You already paid me, but if you insist."

Betty and the inn lady put coats on before they exited the inn. Lulu rolled her sleeves down to appease her mom.

She raised her eyebrows. "Will you be okay?"

"I love the cold." Lulu smiled. "I'll be fine."

"I'm Myrtle. I don't think I've caught your name yet."

"I'm Lucy."

Myrtle turned to Betty. "Is there anything you think your family would like to have?"

"Kai is going to feed my twin brothers their favorite fish, so they'll be fine. Everyone else will eat what they're served."

"My siblings will be fine, too," Lulu said.

"I guess I'll just buy more of what I usually buy then," Myrtle said.

***

When they got to the center of town, they came upon a statue of a woman with flowing hair. That crown on her head... It was just like the one De showed her.

"Who is that?" Lulu asked.

"The late queen," Myrtle replied.

Lulu's eyes widened. "Could you tell me more about her?"