Episode 15: Faint

*Alice*

Sky glanced behind them as they walked. "Do you think Vi and Lulu will be alright in there?"

Alice giggled. "They just went into a jewelry store. I don't think anyone in there is going to hurt them."

"You could care less about jewelry, couldn't you, Allie?" Kai asked with a chuckle.

"There's nothing wrong with looking presentable, but I don't understand why anyone would want to look like a doll." Alice scrunched her nose. "It's excessive."

Kai put his hand over his mouth. "I think my wife would agree with you."

"Do you think they're going to buy anything in there?" Alice asked.

"Vi might, but I don't think it's likely. She isn't that into jewelry that she would buy something just because she can."

Sky furrowed his eyebrows. "Where do they sell knight gear, anyway?"

"They might have a special store for it, but otherwise, we can check with a blacksmith."

Alice put her hands on her hips. "Kai, blacksmiths don't generally work directly with the people who ultimately buy their weapons."

Kai folded his arms. "And you know that how?"

"I went into many weapon shops when I was searching for that armor."

"Maybe Allie should take the lead then?" Sky asked. "Since she knows what she's looking for?"

Kai hung his head. "I guess so..."

"Come to think of it, have you ever been here before, Allie?"

Alice shook her head. "I took a different route when I worked toward my task."

Alice stopped in front of a store with the picture of a sword on it. "Let's look around in here."

The man at the counter turned to look at them when they came in. "Are you fine customers looking for anything in particular?"

"May I look at your collection of armor, sir?" Alice asked.

"I don't think I have anything that will fit you right now." The man stroked his chin. "Will you looking at having some armor made?"

She shook her head. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not interested in that at the moment. My task to come of age was to find an old hunk of armor. While I was able to find that armor, I'm still not sure why I was tasked with finding it. while I help my sister with that task, I hope to search for that answer."

"I like your resolve." The man cracked a smile. "How can I say no after hearing that story?"

Alice curtseyed. "I thank you for your understanding, sir."

"Please come to the back. Your escorts can come with us if they would like to."

"These are my brothers. They were kind enough to tag along with me," Alice said.

"I see." The man glanced back. "What are your names?"

"My name is Kai," he said. "These are my younger siblings, Alice and Sky."

"I'm Balin. What about your sister who's just come of age?"

Kai smiled. "Her name is Lucy. She's with my wife right now looking for clues for her own task."

Balin raised his eyebrows. "What was she asked to do?"

"She has to travel the four kingdoms in search of a crown and its seven gems," Alice replied.