Episode 5

Lulu and her siblings were at the front door, preparing to leave.

"What do we need to do while we're in town?" Lulu asked.

Kai scratched his chin. "We need to hunt, buy salt, and buy spare parts for the wagon for sure."

"Do we need extra clothes?" Allie asked.

"We'll need to ask Vi or our parents about that later," he replied.

"We should think about extra blankets and the like, too."

"Allie and I can hunt while Sky and Lulu go shopping."

Lulu stared at Kai. It felt out of character for him to be so worked up. Usually, he was the calm one while Allie was the hot mess.

Kai ruffled Lulu's hair as he whispered into her ear, "Can I trust you to watch over Sky?"

Her eyes lit up. "Of course!"

"Let's meet back at the house when we're done with our jobs," Allie said.

"Okay!"

The pair then left.

"Hey, Lulu!" Emma ran over. "Hope I'm not late." Henry and Faine followed behind her.

Lulu beamed. "No. We were just about to begin! We're off to get some salt."

Emma raised her eyebrows. "Is that all?"

"Allie and Kai are hunting," Sky said. "I think Kai wants to buy the spare parts himself."

"Hey, Sky," a little girl wearing pigtails said as she went ahead of Henry.

His pale skin made his red cheeks extremely obvious. "Fai-Fai."

Lulu had to choke back a giggle. Sky had called her that since they were toddlers. It was cute that he still did.

"Fai. We are here to help Lucy with her shopping," Henry said, sighing.

"Stick in the mud." Lulu narrowed her eyes at him. "Let them play."

Henry mirrored her expression.

Emma sighed.

With that, Lulu and the others went toward the marketplace. There were so many different stalls. People were selling clothes, fruits and vegetables, jewelry, and other merchandise.

One of the merchants was even selling fans!

Lulu tugged on her brother's shirt. "Oh, oh, Sky! Think we need some fans? We can use them to make the fires bigger!"

Sky peered into the purse they had been given. "We don't have much money."

"How much money to we have?"

"Just enough to buy salt."

"Aw..." Lulu grinned. "Oh, I know how to make some more money!"

Sky furrowed his eyebrows. "Huh?"

Lulu grabbed her guitar and began singing.

She sung of snow, the new year, and De. Those were people's favorites this time of year.

Lulu smiled as she collected the coins from the small clay pot she had set out before she began performing.

Sky's eyes widened. "That's a lot of coins." A pause. "Wait. Where did you get the pot from?"

Lulu tucked the pot back into her bag. "You have pockets in your pants. I don't have anywhere to put my small trinkets."

Henry face palmed. "You could've asked us for money instead of making a spectacle."