15

Flashback 6 years ago

Jake was feeling very nervous. He hasn't felt this nervous until now. Today, he was coming out to his parents that he's gay and that he loves his best friend more than a friend.

He's currently showering and he's practicing how he's gonna say it to them. He was contemplating whether he'll come out or not. He was thinking, what if his parents get angry? What if they get violent? What if they won't let him see Sunghoon anymore?

But he knew his parents might accept him since they were very loving to him and cares for him so much. But having doubts can't be avoided.

After he showered and changed, he went downstairs and went to his parents. He didn't expect that her parent's best friend aka Sunghoon's parents were there.

His nervousness was now added and he thought about not continuing his plan.

He was shaking so much but he was determined, there's no holding back now.

He nervously went closer to them who was talking in their backyard that have some chairs and tables.

He went closer to his mom and sat beside her. She held her son's hand and she felt that he's shaking. "Jakey? Are you okay? Why are you shaking? Is something making you nervous?" She asked that got the attention of the three other people with them.

"Uhm, I-i h-have to tell you a-all s-something." Jake said stuttering so much. "Don't be so nervous. What is it? Why is it making you nervous so much? We won't get that mad if you broke another vase." Jake's dad said and the others laughed a bit.

"Mom, dad, i-I'm. I'm gay. And I have a crush on Sunghoon." He said straight forward and closed his eyes. He was closing his eyes getting ready for a slap, a punch, or a kick but he didn't received any of those.

What he received was some clapping and laughter.

He opened his eyes that showed his confusion.

"Wait, y'all aren't disgusted and angry?" Jake asked curiously. "No! Why would we be?" Selena asked. "Finally Jake. We've all been waiting for you to tell this to us. It's very obvious that you and Sunghoon have feelings for each other, you're just becoming a teen, still like a kid so you two don't realize it yet." Jayka said.

"Your mom is right honey. We've all been waiting. Sunghoon on the other hand, we're sure he won't say anything or realize it so you should tell him your feelings later when he's done skating with his classmates." Jake's dad said.

"So y'all accept me for who I am?" Jake asked. "Jakey listen to us. Being gay isn't disgusting, a sin, or a disgrace. It's just normal for people to love and it's not wrong to love people with the same gender. Don't listen to some shitheads that say that being gay is a sin and you're a disgrace if you're gay. No you are not." Selena said and Jake smiled.

"Be confident with yourself Jake. Don't give a fuck to the people who put you down. Be who you are and be proud of yourself." Jayka said and hugged his son.

"Thank you everyone for accepting me. I love you all." Jake said who was hugging back.

"Finally! Our ship is sailing." Sunghoon's father said that made the others laugh. "Yeah, we've been manifesting Jakehoon for some time now." Jake's dad said. "Yeah, get that Hoonie of yours for sure okay? We, his parents really support you two." Selena said and smiled.

Sunghoon's POV

I am now currently doing ice skating with my classmates. It's for a project and sadly, I'm not partnered with Jake. He's the bestest friend anyone could ask.