16

"J-jake. I-i n-need y-you."

It seems that luck is on Sunghoon's side. Just after the group of people left Sunghoon weak, Jake appeared. Sunghoon recognized the figure despite the tears blocking his vision.

Without hesitation and even with his weak voice he shouted-called Jake. "Jake!" He shouted and Jake ran to him instantly.

"Sunghoon?! What happened?" Jake asked as he went closer to Sunghoon. He didn't thought more, he immediately called an ambulance since he don't know where the clinic and the nurse's office is.

Jake cried while looking at Sunghoon. He can't bare to see his best friend, one of the person he loved the most weak and tortured. Gladly, Sunghoon covered his face with his hands so it didn't have much bruises on it.

Jake then carried Sunghoon towards the outside of the school. Classes are still ongoing so he easily made out the school with the guard's permission. The guard even offered to help but Jake said he can take care of him.

See the difference of how Jake and Sunghoon react by seeing each other beat up. Jake was now just waiting for the ambulance to arrived and can't help but to cry more seeing Sunghoon like this and was crying much caused by the pain.

"Sunghoon, I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you." Jake said as he was arranging Sunghoon's hair that was messy and was all over his face. "Sunghoon I'm really sorry." He added.

"Jake, don't apologize. It's not your duty to protect me." Sunghoon replied. "No! It is! I just told you earlier my promise right? Remember that always and it's my duty to protect you and I failed it. I'm really sorry." Jake explained and cried harder.

Sunghoon felt bad. He didn't want Jake to blame his self.

Sunghoon was crying more harder now. He realized that Jake really cared for him. He didn't have second thoughts about helping him when he saw him beat up, weak and tortured.

He remembered what he said to Jake when he was the one who beat up, tortured, and much worse, stabbed. He realized Jake is a really good person. He told Jake a lot of bad things, a faggot, a bitch, and wished him to die. He realized he was the faggot and not Jake.

Despite his super bad attitude towards Jake, he had help from him. That made him super guilty. That made him regret the things he have done. He regretted that he believed his idiot coach and not his mom.

If he just listened to his mom. If he just didn't listened to Mr. Min, Jake and him wouldn't be in all that situation.

They would still be best friends, and maybe more than that too.

Jake put down Sunghoon on a bench and hugged him. Sunghoon didn't expect to get a hug from Jake. It felt, good. Despite all the pain from the beatings earlier, it was like it disappeared during the moment Jake hugged him.

"Sunghoon please forgive me for not protecting you. From now on, I'll try my best to always protect you, my Hoonie." Jake said that made Sunghoon cried more.

Jake called him Hoonie. His nickname that only Jake can call him. He felt good hearing it after a long time.

Then he realized, Jake is his safe place.

Flashback

"Come on! I'll teach, you were so eager yesterday, don't back out now." Jake said as Sunghoon was now refusing Jake's offer to teach him how to ride a skateboard. "Yeah but my mind changed so please Jakey, maybe another time." Sunghoon exclaimed.

Sunghoon looked nervous and scared and Jake noticed it. Jake knew what Sunghoon needs and it's a hug. Jake then gave Sunghoon the hug he need.

"I know you're scared Hoonie. Don't be, I'm here to guide and teach you. I'll hold you until you can master how to ride it. And if ever you fall and have some scratches, I'll treat those wounds away. I could also catch you if ever I won't be clumsy." Jake said while hugging the younger.

He was bribing Sunghoon but hugs was the money used. He won't refuse for sure.

"How can I assure that you'll do all of that for me?" Sunghoon asked and Jake sighed. "You forgot my promise again, right?" Jake replied. "What was it again?" Sunghoon asked as he was scratching his nape.

"Fine I'll tell you again but this time, remember it and always keep this in your mind. I promise that even we end up hating each other, we end up being enemies, we end up being rivals or anything, I'll always love, care, and protect you." Jake said and pecked Sunghoon's cheek.

Sunghoon was flustered and was blushing. "Thank you Jakey. I'll always remember that." Sunghoon said and hugged Jake and hiding his face Jake's chest. He was embarrassed to face Jake since he was red.

He blushed because he thought of marrying Jake and Jake's promise was his wedding vows.

He don't mind if someone will call them gay, what's important is they love each other and feel comfort when each other is together. He can't even see his future having another lover, another lover than Jake.

"Fine, I'll agree to you teaching me how to ride a skateboard. Just because you're annoying me." Sunghoon as he escaped from the hug.

"You always say I'm annoying." Jake said and pouted. "It's because it's true but even that, I'm still your best friend who understands you." Sunghoon replied and smiled.

During these time, Sunghoon already have a hint that Jake likes him and he's proud to say that he likes Jake back.

Sunghoon sometimes imagine about him and Jake adopting puppies together and taking care of them together.

He knew all along Jake is his lover and he's so annoying.

He's Sunghoon's annoying lover.

end of flashback

The memories of their childhood was coming back and he remembered he always liked Jake the same Jake loves him. They love each other more than a friend. Sunghoon was just dumb and scared to admit that he do.

Jake broke the hug when he heard the sirens of the ambulance.

"Sunghoon, the ambulance is here let's go." Jake said as he carried Sunghoon towards the approaching ambulance. There were two personnel who was holding a stretcher and Jake carefully put Sunghoon down.

Jake got all that strength by the training he did for self defense to protect himself from Chris who hasn't still been seen since the incident.

Jake accompanied Sunghoon to the hospital and they him immediately in a room.

Sunghoon didn't need a lot of treatment since he was only having some minor wounds and bruises so Jake wasn't worrying much, but he's still carrying the blame of not protecting Sunghoon even though he's the one who blamed himself.

He called Celia and Jeongin because he haven't seen the two when he went back to the cafeteria.

"Guys? Where are you? I came back to the cafeteria and you two weren't there." Jake said fast with a little anger in his tone.

"No, where are you? You said you'd be in the restroom but when Jeongin checked you there, you weren't. Right now, we're in the classroom to check if you're here but you're not. Where are you? We've been here for so long waiting for you." Celia said loudly.

"I was with Sunghoon to comfort him. After that, I went back to the cafeteria and you guys weren't there so I came back to Sunghoon and he was best up so I took him to the hospital and yes, I'm in the hospital right now." Jake said.

"What?! You should've just left him alone and suffer. Don't you remember what he did to you?" Jeongin shouted with a surprised voice.

"Yes you should've just left him or even made his situation more like torture him more and say insults to him." Celia added.

"Gosh you two are cruel." Jake said and rolled his eyes. "Sunghoon is more cruel so we should also be cruel to him." Celia reasoned and Jeongin agreed.

"But he was my best friend and our mothers are best friends. I can't also help myself but to help a helpless person." Jake reasoned.

"Jake, gosh. We can't with your soft, good, and golden heart." Jeongin and Celia said in sync.

A/n:
    Jake you're so soft hearted, I hope you won't get hurt again because of that.

New chapter out. Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it. Stay safe and healthy everyone!