The Upcoming Disaster

I survived for three days. These three days have been so hectic, I was so sure I would have collapsed from exhaustion. I expected Scott’s pack to be a bit lazy and relaxed. A pack where we would just kick back, drink some beer and hold parties once in a while.

I was wrong.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A chipper voice singed, “Natalie! Get up, it’s five! It’s time to practice.”

I groaned out loud, making sure she heard me. “Five more minutes. Please.”

She spoke up again, a middle aged woman named Ann. She had a very sweet voice, one to match her happy personality.  Her hair smelled of honey, and her hands dabbed in floral perfume. “Well, that’s not what you do at all, we have to prepare for the meeting! We must do this for Scott, it’s his turn to hold the organization’s meeting this time.”

She managed to unlock the door, came over to where I was sleeping and pulled the covers off of me. “Get up get up!” She busted out a tune of her own, singing with all enthusiasm.

“Argh,” I groaned. I wasn’t in the mood for this at all. I still got up though, and went to the bathroom to change.

I really wasn’t in the mood for this at all. But I had to do it, I was in the pack.

Apparently, Scott’s supposed to hold the whatever super gay wolf society meeting at his place soon. I didn’t really listen at the meeting, so I had to ask Scott why we had to get up at five in the morning to practice. Surprisingly, he didn’t get upset and explained thoroughly. That some leaders will be coming to our hick of a town with their supposed betas, discussing certain important topics in order to keep balance to wolf society.

I never even knew that wolves had this organization; I was a rogue so I never even knew. Scott also told me, it seems that the wolf society is still looking for any whereabouts about my ex rogue pack. It appears that a past raid injured a pack’s leader so bad, the leader had to step down from office. All the people who tried taking his place failed, and now that pack is having immense trouble with keeping up with the others. It’s coming to a point where they might have to get involved with another pack, and completely abandon their home. The new pack leader is very young, and very pissed at the black wolf.

He also told me that we were to be sparring with each other. We were to be sparring with each other until Scott chooses the strongest. Once the winner is determined, the person will spar with the other packs’ wolves. Not to the death, but when the supposed loser is on the ground, with the winner keeping a firm grip on the wolf.

The first day of their coming, we’re supposed to be discussing serious matters. Then the next day we’re going to spar and have drinks and food. The meeting is supposed to be serious for the first day, and the next day we were supposed to have a bit of fun.  Scott said that doing it this way, we can ease some tension once the serious matters were dealt with.

Also, the whole point of the sparring was that the ultimate winner overall gets their pack special privileges for the year. They get a generous amount of money from the organization, and the leader gets to attend the meetings held by the inner organization, where all was kept secret and hidden. It was supposedly very special, only a handful amount of wolves can be in the meetings, and they had the power to overlook anything and everything. They can abuse the power, but they chose not to. If the leader wins, the leader can join the meetings for a year and gets to know some things ordinary wolves cannot hear.