Sheba's Awakening

NATALIE POV

Where am I? Why do I feel like my body is going to rip in two? The pain! It hurts! How can I make it stop!

Make it stop!

Please! I’ll do anything to live!

I never got to have a normal life, my whole life I was bullied and lonely!

I don’t deserve this at all, why is it always me? Why do my parents not love me, why does everything go wrong for me?

How did this all happen?

Was it my parents’ fault? Was it because they never loved me?

Too young to die, but too weak to live on…

The pain, the emotions, everything… Is living worth it? Is it really worth it to suffer even more? Maybe it is best, that I do go away?

Maybe? Then maybe…

I sat there, pondering if I should just give up and not fight back against the deadly venom that was running in my body. Perhaps it was best, maybe it was God’s intention to end my life abruptly due to all the suffering.

If so, then I don’t want to live anymore.

Dying is best for me actually; I was brought into this world just to die like this. How sad, I never got to live my life as I would have liked it. I never truly had a happy memory during my teen years… It’s best to go away from this world unnoticed.

NO.

What was that? Did I just hear a voice?

You will not die like this, I refuse.

Who is that? I couldn’t look around, my vision was still hazy. And it seemed that the voice spoke inside me… It wasn’t my inner conscience, instead I heard written words forming, making the words appear into sound. I just understood, it didn’t have a real dialogue, but I can hear its mind.

And the weird thing was, I wasn’t freaking out. I must be schizophrenic, figures. After all the stress, I probably acquired it and now it shows its symptoms.

No Natalie, you’re not schizophrenic. I was born inside you just now; you have fought a long battle.

I am going crazy. I’ll just talk to you then... What do you want?

Live. I want you to do just that.

What if I don’t want to anymore? There’s nothing for me to live for. And if I do live, you’ll basically be inside me as long as I live.

My reasoning may be greedy, but Natalie, you must live. For me. I am the inner you, I am the beast within you. I am begging you, live.

I don’t give a shit about you! I have nothing to live for, let me be and die quietly.

And for what reason do you want to give up your life so abruptly? You have the blood of a fighter, yet you do not fight? How feeble you are, I was elected to direct you after numerous years of waiting, and now I must go back to the wolf realms to find another mortal? There is a reason why you were bit Natalie, all part of his plan. So fight.

What? I thought you said you were my inner beast? Explain to me.

Despite your circumstances at the moment, I will earnestly do my best to appease you. When mortals get bit, normal ones like you, many unfortunately die. Werewolves who try to turn their beloved human lovers into wolves often did not succeed, except in a few cases. These cases were exceptional, and they had the blood of a half human half werewolf ancient king. The king is still alive, forever preserved in hell. He was a very special case indeed, he heard of werewolves, and sought to destroy them all.