I Survived

Thanks so much for waiting! Please vote and comment! It helps me a lot! This chapter, I tried making it a bit longer than usual. Ahh, I'm satisfied with this chapter :) Natalie tries surviving her first day, and met new people! But soon she'll be meeting more people! Anyways, please enjoy!

And you say you hate Scott.

Hey, this is my mission at the moment. There’s nothing else I can do in order for him to accept me in his pack. Besides, I still hate him, if I had the chance to throw him off a cliff, I would.

Natalie, please don’t let your feelings overwhelm you and consider you to make the wrong choice. I fear it will cloud your mind, and give you the wrong answer. Do not, ever, in your right mind or wrong, view him as a love interest.

Holy, Sheba of course not! What makes you think I like him? Christ, we’ve just seen each other for only ten minutes!

You may say so, but even I could smell the potency of the man. I know you smelled him, and you did enjoy his scent greatly… Oh no, I just realized Natalie, something very terrible.

And what’s that?

Your heat cycle is coming soon. What horrible timing don’t you agree? No wonder I sensed your body’s eagerness.

Oh wow, Sheba’s right. I was so occupied with everything around me, I forgot to take care of myself. I can’t believe I forgot to inform Nazarian that my heat cycle was coming soon so he could have held this raid back…

No wonder! No wonder why I wasn’t able to fight off Scott that well, I was becoming weak from the changes in my body to have my heat cycle!

Natalie, please do understand that heat cycles only reduce 15% of your strength. You could have still ran away from him.

I was injured, do you not remember?

Oh please, adrenaline can make you ignore such symptoms. Definitely were you able to run on, far.

That said Sheba, I should at least go somewhere vacant where wolves won’t bother me. I should inform Scott.

Never mind, go back in bed. The people here were generous enough to provide you your own room, despite the sayings of you being the black wolf. Sad how true it is, but how can I help not hurting others? I mean, it is no longer allowed to kill, so I must have some sort of pleasure do you not agree? Your generation is very boring, killing is outlawed. Back in the medieval age people greeted each other with swords and maces. Fun times I spent with owners, they let me kill as much as I wanted.

…Right, I’m going to ignore you reminiscing about the times you murdered drunkards and thieves. I’ll just go to bed now.

Rest well, tomorrow will be a big day.

I haven’t slept in a bed for ages, ever since I turned wolf, killed my parents and innocent kids in a rampage, and joined rogues. I'm used to sleeping on layers of blankets, three to be exact. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t living painstakingly frugal, it was just that Nazarian was very big on saving money. We still had electricity and running water. Except there was a limit on these things, Nazarian felt it was wasteful to spend too much on things we didn’t need. So our place had furniture we dug through from the junkyard, stuff that was still usable and clean. He demanded that we used blankets to replace mattresses, and that we save up on water. Our place was hidden, so mostly everything we had ran on solar power. We were very fortunate to have solar power, it heated up the water and cooked our food. The only problem was, that we had a fifteen minute shower limit. And as a girl, it’s proven impossible for a girl to take a shower in fifteen minutes. We need at least thirty minutes.