Natalia Canis Lupus (Natalie the Wolf)

“Scott, do you like me?”

“I don’t like you, I love you.”

“Do you really?”

“Natalie, I do,” the boy said. He was only age ten. And the vow he made was astonishing. He continued on solemnly, “We’re going to marry each other and live happily ever after.”

The boy looked to the girl and smiled. Then he leaned closer to the young girl his age. He kissed her gently, making the vow complete.

I lived in Rosewood Street all my life, it was a neat neighborhood, a cul-de-sac. I was only six when I first met Scott. When I met him, I was riding my bike. A car strolled up next to my house, which my father told me beforehand that new neighbors were going to live next door. Of course, new neighbors are always interesting to a young girl like me.

Getting off my bike, my legs began to run before the rest of me could catch up. It was a warm summer day, the first day of summer. The day when the sun stayed out the longest. I can recall it was around two p.m., and the hot sun beamed down on me, mercilessly pounding against my head.

The dark cherry colored car pulled up into the driveway. Their windows were tinted, so I wasn’t able to see who was in the car. Soon, a tall man got out of the car. He looked very strong, and appeared to be in his mid thirties. Furthermore, his features were strikingly appealing. He had blonde hair and pretty icy blue eyes.

A beautiful woman also got out of the car, and she was just as striking. Her chestnut colored hair was in large curls, and her skin the color of ivory. She had a thin body, and accentuated her curves by wearing a bright, red skin-tight skirt with a ruffled white blouse. She was also wearing four inch heels, the red heels go well with her skirt. When she walked, her heels made a noise like this, click click.

What I wasn’t expecting was a boy around my age coming out of that car. Father never told me they had a kid, I thought. He only told me a middle aged couple was moving in.

His feet stepped out of the passenger side door, and revealed the most pretty face on a boy. His skin was light colored, for he was very young and untainted by the sun’s rays. His lips were baby pink and his cheeks were a healthy light peach color. The boy didn’t have his mother’s or his father’s hair color, it was jet black and combed to the right side. His eyes also didn’t appear to look like his mother’s or father’s. His mother and father both had pretty icy blue eyes, but the boy had eyes that were a deep brown. So brown and smooth it was like chocolate.

They all looked so pretty to look at, they must have came out of a magazine. How pretty they are!

The family of three looked at me with their dashing eyes. Immediately I knew that I must have said that out loud.

Quick Natalie, say something.

“Hello! I know you guys are the new neighbors. My name is Natalie ! Pleasure to meet you!” I blurted out.  I bowed my head in respect, a custom my father’s friend has taught me. He told me it was a sign of reverence to someone you have met for the first time.

The family of three relaxed, and the mother walked up to me. The whole time her red heels were clicking.

Click Click.

The woman looked down at me sweetly and put her hand out. When she came closer to me, the scent of roses were ever present. It was a rosy, yet earthy smell. Light, elegant, and natural. It was an inimitable smell, like nothing I had ever smelled before. It was subtle, but it made a huge impact on both her appearance and manner.  

She spoke, and her voice cooed, “How do you do, Natalie, my name is Mira.” She had the voice of a singer, she wasn’t singing, but her soft, lively voice imitated one.