Wrongful Turn

SCOTT POV

"And? What difference does that make?" she replied. She displayed aggressive behavior, her stance was defiant and bold. She began to circle around me in a provocative way, flaunting herself to cause a distraction. "You don't want to duel anymore?"

"I try my best not to fight girls."

She snorted, "Oh yes, because you're a gentleman? Shameful, I really did want to kill this time." She paused for a moment, and smirked. "Tell me, where is your alpha?"

The audacity of this girl! How dare she say that! My wolf growled at her, angered by her stingy comment. To defend myself I barked back, "You're looking at him. Don't mess with me I'm dangerous." My wolf wanted to lunge at her so he could put her back in her place.

"You're the alpha? Wow, I would have never thought so! Your coat is so shabby, so dull. That silver? So ordinary and cliché," she replied. She walked closer, it was to the point I could feel her breath on my face.

It was getting dangerous, my wolf desperately wanted to fight. I had to restrain myself, she was really good at pushing my buttons. I shouldn't have commented back, but the anger was getting to me. "Look, I'm dangerous and you seriously don't want to mess with me. I won't hold back." This time I made sure to get the message across. In order to make her wary, I raised my hackles and bared my fangs.

This bitch! Any closer and she'll get the fangs of an alpha!

Calm down.

I had to calm down. I spoke to her, "Get out of my land, you're not welcome here."

She didn't waver, instead she decided to turn around and sit. She looked at the snow falling around her. She watched as a small snowflake drifted by and landed on a leaf. Then, she got up and smashed the leaf with one of her paws, crushing the snow the life that was growing underneath her foot. Without skipping a beat she replied, "Just a while ago you said you don't fight girls. And look at you, you're about to break your moral and duel with me. Well, I can make you fight me." She turned once again, staring at me without breaking eye contact. "Don't lie to me you dog. I know the truth."

Dog? She dare calls me a dog? I will tear her in pieces! Just let me get at her!

Holy shit if she goes on I don't think I'll be able to contain myself... I have to restrain myself or else. That's what she wants, she wants me to lash out at her.

"What do you mean I'm lying?"

She scoffed at me. With a perplexed look she asked, "Oh? You don't know what I'm talking about?" She stopped speaking and trotted towards me. She whispered, "Hey, so I know you're trying to waste my time. So go on and get your alpha so I can fight him, Omega."

I snapped. Not even a second later I had my canines on her throat. She should have stayed farther away when she said that so I could have given her a chance to react. I tightened my grip on her throat while she tried to squirm. Weakly, she howled out but was quickly stopped by my death grip.

She tried again and again to get loose, scratching my face with her claws and kicking the shit out of me. I merely laughed at her effort.

Though my teeth I angrily spoke, "This is what you get for messing with me. It's a shame though considering your disreputable position; I expected a better fight from a bitch like you." And all this time I thought it was a male, a male who was huge and lumbering. A male worth fighting, not a worthless giant girl like her.

"You! I made a mistake coming closer, it was always the same thing that inhibited me from improving! David always told me I should have stopped that! You should be considered lucky that you had an unfair fight!" she weakly ranted. Her voice was beginning to diminish, I was close to killing her. Rogues are considered as trash, and it was encouraged to kill them.

She squirmed once again, trying with all her might to get me off her. She twisted and curled over, her front paws pushing my face away from her neck. I didn't waver, and laughed.

"You really didn't know who I am? Well, I am still young... I have a lockjaw, once I get my fangs on you, I won't let go. No matter how much you howl, beg for mercy, or retaliate I won't let go unless I want to. I even managed to rip chunks of flesh off other rogues and wolves... You are of no exception."

"Like a dog, a pit-bull. As expected of a dog like you," she spoke. She was starting to get really weak, it was as if it took all her effort to say that.

I tugged at her, pulling her to the side. A few more seconds pass by, which felt like eternity. She didn't give up fighting me, but eventually she got so weak she couldn't put up a fight any longer. Blood began to seep through, a few drops landed on my tongue. A metallic taste formed in my mouth, a taste that I wasn't used to at all despite my many battles.

Soon, she gave up fighting back. Her body became limp. Her head dropped, and her legs gave out. Her eyes closed as she accepted her fate. Soon, she wasn't breathing anymore.

She passed on.

I loosened my grip, and gently let her fall on the ground. I didn't look at her, but instead I decided to hurry back to the camp. I had to attend to my pack members, I was worried that there were other injured.

But I looked back, there was something inside me that had to look at her. It wasn't my wolf at all, it was something else that made me turn around and stare. It was a weird feeling, I couldn't really explain it.

What are you doing? You have your wolves to attend to, no time to waste. You can retrieve her body later, she won't be going anywhere.

That's right. She won't be going anywhere. She's dead, that's all there is to it. I barely knew her and the first time we meet she insults me like there was no tomorrow.

But why, why do I feel like I did something wrong? Why do I feel that this wasn't supposed to happen?

Scott! No time to waste! Hurry back!

Ah, I better hurry back...