A Dangerous Situation

Natalie POV

Never mind about school, school is starting to be a bore. Already two weeks in, and I just want everything to get over with. However, I do plan to apply to universities and colleges, and I was up all night trying to find out more about the college or university I wanted to go to.

The seniors aren’t even worried about their plans for the future, instead they’re talking about Scott’s party. Scott’s planning to throw a party in his house, the biggest house in the town.

The house was located in an isolated place with many trees surrounding the large property. Scott probably had acres under his name, since his mother and father gave the property to Scott as soon as he turned eighteen.

Which was yesterday. His birthday was two days before mine.

I’m just wondering to myself why his parents decided to come back to our small empty town and buy the biggest house which was surrounded by trees and such. Strange things have been happening there, lately people have seen giant wolves wandering the property. Scott’s family heard of the rumors, and they decided to put a fence around some parts. That’s not going not help them from the giant wolves, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t like people wandering in their property.

Anyways, Scott’s having a party and it’s obvious people like me aren’t invited. It’s just a fact, and I accepted it. His friends only needed to pass the word to a few people, and it managed to get the whole school excited. Even our rival schools heard about it and want in.

It’s becoming the most controversial subject. Too bad I’m not going.

The only thing I’ll look forward to honestly is my birthday, I’ll probably celebrate it with a few friends of mine. Maybe get a small birthday cake, and go watch a movie or something.

“Oh my god Natalie, did you hear? Apparently Scott and Deanna already had sex! There’s a rumor going around that Deanna videotaped themselves in the restrooms!” said a friend. Her name was Jenny, and she was a Plain Jane. She liked to dress modest, but lately ever since the new transfer students came in she began trying to dress better. I didn’t mind though, the new found popularity never got in her head. She still managed to find time to talk to me.

“Ah, I honestly don’t care… Deanna’s a hoe and Scott is a man whore... And it’s probably just a rumor. Definitely a rumor.”

She rolled her eyes at me, and then excitedly clapped her hands together. She then clasped onto my hands and said, “Guess what?”

“What?” I asked. Her enthusiasm was cute.

“Today, one of the transfer students who I was really into for a long time got my number long time ago. We’ve been texting ever since and today he invited me to Scott’s party!” she exclaimed. She jumped in excitement, and expected me to do the same.

Ah, so that’s why she’s been dressing up. She likes someone.

“Oh wow! Then have fun at his party! I guess you won’t be coming to mine! Which will be on the same day!” I said. Disappointed in her, I tried brushing her off and decided to go back into reading.