This is Scott

SCOTT POV

I can hear everything. I can hear you crying every night when I listen. Every night, I can hear your parents yelling and teasing you.

How hard it must be, but it is even more hard for me. Every night, I want to go to your house and take you away. But I want to teach your parents a lesson.

It makes me so sad, why do your own parents treat their only child like an alien?

But I know. I know why. I heard it all.

You’re unwanted, you’re an unwanted child. You were only born out of wedlock, your mother got pregnant with you. She was in fact considered someone who was going to go be successful in life. She had a nice respectable boyfriend, but this one affair got her stuck. She got stuck with you.

So was your father, he was a regular man who was not going to be tied down by any means. He wasn’t bound to any girls, but when he met your mother, an affair started. The affair got found out, and you were the cause of it.

They didn’t dare abort you, for their religious views definitely disallowed it and looked down upon it.

You were their trash, something worthless. All they saw in their eyes was someone worthless. But Natalie, to me, you're beauitful.

I wish I can take you away, but I definitely regret promising you that. I cannot keep my word no matter how much I want too.

Mother told me to stay away from you, because….

Because you are human.

The sad fact, is that my family are werewolves. We are shapeshifters. We can shift into wolves that are monstrously huge and dangerous.

Natalie, I wish I could have told you my deepest secret. The first time I laid eyes on your sweet face, I knew that I fell in love. Even though we were only six when we first met, I can tell this was love.

But Natalie, I cannot keep our promise. Instead, mother told us we were dangerously becoming too close. She and father also knew, about your family life. They knew, because we can all hear.

Our hearing is beyond human, our hearing was like a dog or perhaps even better. It was alien.

One day in particular, it was getting very hard for me to listen to your cries for help. You always screamed for my name, even though you thought I couldn’t hear.

Or did you? Did you know?

But that day, all my angers and frustration almost came out to surface. I was ready to take you away. But mother, she won’t let me.

Mother knew my feelings for you, and she told me, “Scott, I know what you’re thinking. Don’t. You’ll jeopardize our future. And Scott, realize that she’s only a human. Never can you be with her, you’re destined to be with only shifters like us. I know you made a promise to her, and I did smile at the thought. But you’re older now, and soon, we must move. You’re getting dangerously close to this girl.”

“Mother, I am ashamed of myself.”

“And why so son?”

“Today, I threw away friendship. I decided to ignore it and people stepped all over her. I didn’t even try to defend it, away from other people. Instead, I did the same.”

She became quite for a moment, and whispered, “Scott, Natalie and you can no longer be friends. Stay away from her, you are to lead the Blackwater Pack. You have a huge responsibility placed on your shoulders, and already females are lining up to see that you are their mate. My son, you’re so young… but I have faith that you’ll lead the pack well.”

“But mother, can’t we at least take Natalie away from all this place?”

“Scott, you already know the answer. We are not human, and we cannot put our noses in their business. No matter how hard it is, we must avoid them. And like I said, we must move soon. In fact, your father and I already found a place for elder wolves to train alphas like you. Your training will enable you to become stronger, and you’ll be able to return to this place. But, you must forget Natalie. That is an order.”

“… Yes, mother.”

“Good boy, now come back inside. Try blocking out the noise.”

But Natalie, I can’t bear myself to forget about you. When you came to school, covered in mud, I can smell the blood dripping off of you. Your tears were visible in your eyes. My body sensed you before I can, and the wolf inside me became severely depressed.

My wolf was pissed at me, because I did such a thing to my only friend. The only real friend that I had. My wolf tried fighting back against me, trying to go up over to you to console you. But I didn’t let him.

And what for? For attention that’s what. For stupid meaningless popularity that’s going to get me nowhere.

I still regret that. I really do Natalie. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. And I’m sorry Natalie, but I will be gone soon. But I’ll come back for you, I promise. I won’t change.