Chapter 6

Jase held ice to his face.  

The darn girl had snuck up on him, beaten his face, and ran. Leaving Jase on the ground with swollen features.  

Jase barked orders to his crewmates, grumpily feeling like an idiot. The power gave him a moment of relief.  

The crewmates were under the notion that they were trying to take control of these kids because of the mercury in their bodies. The danger their Flaws posed to the public. That if they produced children in their futures, and the line continued down, would the future generations have Flaws? Would the mercury affect them differently? Could it be spread? If so, how could they prevent that? Most of them were there as scientists, but there was also hired help, handymen and so on.  

But the real reason Jase was there was because the BWF's belonged to him. No, he wasn't their father and had no rights over the human part of them. But the Flaws were a different case.  

Jase had been the one to release the mercury in the Rochester Water Supply that day, August 17th, 2007. It had been a slip up in the system, FBI experimenting gone wrong and the mercury had been released.  

Jase had frozen up, unable to run and pull the alarm to begin the emergency protocol. Luckily, twenty minutes later, a worker had noticed the flaw, and the water had been cleaned, purified of the toxins. Yet, multiple people had drank water in that twenty minute period, including a 'Preggo Mommy yoga class'. Those within the class had the BWF's, and anyone else died of seemingly mysterious causes.  

Jase and a few other people were the only people who knew about those last few pieces of information. Those were his insiders.  

On the day he had found out about the BWF's, Jase had sworn to himself, no matter what, that those Beautiful With Flaws would be under his control by their 16th birthdays.  

The deadline was coming.