Chapter 18

Construction began immediately. 

And Ollie couldn't have been having more fun. 

She and Remy carried out a wood board, needing to be sawed down to size again.  

The day was warm, around 65 degrees, perfect working conditions. The sun shone, providing plenty of light without the electricity on the inside.  

They passed Albert, who was covered in sawdust, having been hanging outside with Dr. Charles, who was in charge of sanding and sawing the wood. 

"Hey girls!" Dr. Charles said. "Got another board?" 

Remy and Ollie stopped their conversation long enough to set down the wood with a nod and smile. Walking away, they continued.  

"Do you think it'll work?" Remy said, talking with their gloved hands. "I mean, I doubt either of them are going to fall for it. And are you sure Felix is smitten with him?" 

"I'm positive." Ollie said. 

They stopped talking as they walked past Zane, who struggled to lift the door that they had taken down.  

"Prove it." Remy said, once they had moved past. "Do your brain thingy." 

"Sure." Ollie got her eyes on Felix, who was casually taking the door out of Zane's hands, not even looking at him. Slipping off her gloves, Ollie ducked into one of the empty bedrooms.  

"Hello." 

A loud thud sounded from outside, and Felix's cursing followed. Ollie knew her connection worked. Remy giggled.  

"How are you today?" 

Colorful cussing followed, appearing only in Ollies head. 

"What do you want, Ollie?" 

She kept her telepathic tone innocent. How is your love life? 

Another crashing sound echoed, along with Marin shouting, "We got a butterfingers!" 

"Not the time!" Felix told her.  

"What? Are you next to Zaaaaane?" 

"Shut up, Ollie!" 

"Talk about rude!" Ollie said, smirking. "I know you like him." 

"Stay out of my head!" 

"Admit it then."  

"No! GET OUT!"

Laughing, Ollie opened her eyes and nodded to Remy. "She definitely likes him." 

Remy couldn't help but smile either. "Let's go see where Felix hit Connor."