Chapter 33

The girls strolled into the cafeteria of the mall they were in with contented smiles on their faces.When they had left the house three hours ago they first went to get stuff for Melanie's room.The rest of the time was spent fluttering from shop to shop. They bought a lot of new clothes and shoes for Melanie. They weren't as fancy as half the stuff she owned. They were more casual and colourful. She was way more fortunate than most of her school mates and that seems to be the reason that they disliked her so much and her looking fancier than them all of the time isn't helping any.

Lisa had bought a few skinny jeans, four tops, two pair of shoes and a sundress for herself. It felt weird spending Brian's money on herself. He already paid her a generous salary, provided her meals and give her a place to stay free of charge and buying her clothes too seemed a little too much but he was her boyfriend after all so maybe that's something that boyfriends did. She had no idea since this is the first time she's ever been in a relationship. She grinned happily, giggling at the thought.

Charlotte got a few jeans, t-shirts, three sundresses and four pair of shoes. They bought Lillian some dresses, skirts, tops, sandals and two dolls, all with Brian's credit card.

Shelly bought lots of pretty stuff but none of them were over the top or overly expensive and Lisa was proud to see that even thought Nick told her to buy anything she wanted she was still very careful while spending his money.

Her phone vibrated in the back pocket of her jeans, pulling her from her thoughts. She shifted in her seat and pulled it out, unlocking the screen with one swipe. A green envelope was throbbing on the screen indicating that she had a message. She opened it and saw it was from Brian.

Hey babe, hope u girls r having fun.I won't be home when u get back, Nick and i have work 2 do.

She blushed at the endearment and typed a quick reply.

Yeah, we're having a gr8 time. Will u b home very late?

She groaned and face palmed herself as soon as she pressed send bit it was too late to cancel the message. She didn't mean to sound clingy by asking him what time he would be home. She didn't even know what she was thinking.

The phone vibrated again and she peered at the screen through her fingers, not sure if she wanted to know what it said.

I don't think so but I'll text u if anything changes.

"Are you talking to daddy?", Melanie asked softly.

She looked up, instantly feeling guilty.She should've asked Melanie if she wanted to talk to him.

"Yeah, would you like to talk to him?"

She shook her head.

"No, it's okay".

She nodded uncertainly and replied to his text.

Ok ,enjoy ur day then :D

The next text had her grinning like an idiot.

You too, later babe ;)

"Stop smiling like that. It gets creepy after a while", Shelly told her, walking up to the table with Charlotte. There were two guys behind them, each with a tray. They were both tall and lean with shy smiles.One of them was brunette with light blue eyes and the other was blonde with dark brown eyes.

Lisa groaned. "Did you make them carry those?".

Shelly glanced at the guys over her shoulder then turned back to her. "Of course not! They offered".

She blew out a long breath, shaking her head with a smile on her face.

The boys stepped forward and set the trays down on the table.

"Thank you so much. You guys are so nice", Shelly cooed, placing her tray on the table and sitting down.

"Thanks", the burnette blushed, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"'So cute", Shelly gushed, leaning forward and craddling her chin in the palm of her hand that was resting on the table. "Aren't they Lisa?".

Charlotte shook her head, smiling. She sat down with her tray, placing Lillian's fries and chicken in front of her along with her banana milkshake.

"Thank you", Lillian mumbled, picking up her milkshake.

Charlotted nodded to her daughter with a smile.

"So?", Shelly promted.

"I have a boyfriend", she hissed in response.

Shelly rolled her eyes" Having a boyfriend doesn't make you blind".

Lisa sighed giving Shelly a dirty look before turning to the guys with a smile. "They are very handsome".

They smiled back at her.

"Thanks. We have somewhere to be right now so bye", the blonde smiled, backing away slowly.

" Thank you for your help", Shelly grinned, waving.

"Yes, thank you", Lisa smiled politely.

With one last smile they turned around and walked away.

"I can't believe how nice they were", Shelly smiled, shaking her head, "They didn't even ask for my number".

"Maybe you're not their type", Lisa teased.

"Have you seen me?", she waved a hand down her body, "I'm everyone's type".

"Obviously, not", she nodded in the direction that the boys went.

"Maybe they're gay", Shelly suggested.

"Maybe you're full of yourself", she laughed.

"Maybe you're jealous", shelly shot back.

"Can you stop saying maybe, please?", Charlotte grimaced.

"Sorry", they said in unison.

"Can i please have my food now", Melanie asked, clearly annoyed.

"Oh right, sorry", Lisa picked up the tray with Melanie's food and placed it in front of her.

"Thank you", she mumbled glaring.

"Stop glaring. One of these days your eyes are going to roll out of their sockets and leave dangling from your head", Shelly teased.

Lisa and Charlotte burst out laughing and Lillian giggled softly. She was so different from when Lisa had first met her. She was no longer snooty and mean and rude. She was sweet and polite. Lisa didn't know if it was the circumstances that changed her or if this is the person who she really is and she was just putting up a facade to fit in at school.

Melanie glared at her for a while longer before going back to her meal.

"So intense for a six year old", Shelly muttered under her breath.

Lisa nodded in agreement. Melanie wasn't the same girl that she had been either. She was slowly changing and Lisa couldn't wait for the day that she would let loose and have fun and be a six year old.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I tried to proof read it but i've been working on it since the day before i posted the last chapter so at this point all the letters look mashed together to me so.......

Anyways, have a good day! And be nice to each other!!!