Chapter 7 part 2

She found melanie's bedroom door and went inside. She was sitting on a tiny wooden chair by the window. She had changed from her blue nightgown to a blue baby doll top and a grey skirt. What's up with the dull colours? Melanie hadn't heard her come in so she took the time to look around the room. The walls were painted white and beige curtains hung on the wall. A chandelier hung over a huge bed. Far too huge for a little girl. A wooden desk and table occupied one corner of the room and a huge bookshelf the other. Two doors were a little distance from the bed. A closet and a bathroom. The room was fit for a rich adult not a child. Poor little Melanie must feel so depressed in here.

"What are you doing here?", she  snapped.

"I was told to get you dressed. It says that right here in the set of rules", She pointed to the sheet of paper.

"I can dress myself ,you know. I'm not a baby. "

"How old are you Melanie?"

"What's it to you?".

"Well i'm your nanny and i should know."

"I'm not telling you anything."

"Fine, i'll ask James then", she turned to the door and grabbed the lock.

"I'm six", Melanie said , irritated.

"Okay, well i'm twenty years old".

She looked Lisa up and down.

"I've never had such a young nanny before."

"Oh", was all Lisa could say.

"Go away . I want to read", Melanie said , walking to the bookshelf.

"Excuse me?" .

"I said go away. What part did you not understand?".

Lisa soot there shocked . After a few minutes and she still haven't moved yet Melanie walked over to her and , her through the door and slammed the door shut.

Lisa wandered back to her room and laid on the bed.Someone of the neighbours were playing ' Skyscraper' by Demi Lovato and she just laid there listening.A few minutes later she fell asleep.

When she woke up later the sun was setting . She sprang up and rushed to the bathroom. She quickly fixed her hair and rushed to Melanie's room. She pushed the door open as quietly as she could. Melanie was still sitting at the window with her book.

"I like your hair", Melanie commented surprising her.

"Really? Do you want to brush it?" Lisa asked , glad they were taking a step forward.

"Okay but this doesn't make us friend's or anything, got it? ."

"Got it", she nodded awkwardly.

Melanie got up , went to the bathroom and came back with a brush . She sat on the bed and Lisa went to sit on the ground in front of her.

Melanie began to brush her hair. She was surprisingly gently. Lisa had expected her to rip out her hair like a mad woman. They sat there a long while in silence then the door flew open and he walked in , in all his glory.

Nessa