Chapter 13

Lisa huffed and stomped her feet while glaring at the door. That stupid idiot! When he opened the door she was going to carve a whole in to his ridiculously handsome face. She grinned evilly as she thought of plucking each and every one of his perfectly white teeth out with a pair of pliers while watching him scream in pain and on his knees begging for mercy at her hands.

Just as she raised her hand to start another angry chorus of knocks the door swung open. Her previous anger was forgotten as he stood there grinning down at her like a happy dumpling who jumped out of the soup. She noticed that he was now wearing a red t-shirt and frowned in disappointment . She liked seeing his exposed chest , however embarrassing it might be. He moved his hand in a sweeping manner, gesturing her into the house as he stepped aside to give her space.

"Good Morning Ms. Richards . Welcome to the Shaunfield's mansion", he said grabbing her hand and pumping it enthusiastically.

She scowled at him and pulled her hand back. He ignored her , moving behind her to close the door.

"This is the living room", he announced overly loudly and unnecessarily from behind her. Of course it's the living room , she was neither blind nor stupid.

"I can see that Mr. obvious", she snapped.

"Well fine, Ms. grumpy . If you don't look around then we're not leaving here", he said plopping down on a couch. He arranged the cushions around him so he was comfortable.He laid down and pulled out his phone . She heard strange , musical sounds coming from the device and she assumed he was playing a game. He didn't look like he'd be moving anytime soon.

She sighed and looked around , deciding that it wouldn't kill her to get familiar with the place that she would be living in for god knows how long .

The room was easily as big as her entire house back home . It was painted in a light cream .The windows were the floor to ceiling kind with lime green curtains hanging from the rods tied back with little cream bows . The floors were carpeted in royal blue. It was a stunning contrast against the green curtains.Two huge cream couches with jeweled coloured cushions [one of which Brian was currently residing in]were positioned in front of a huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall and a pink love seat was beside the window on the left looking out into the front gardens. A huge heart shaped clock hung above the wall and there were three pictures on the wall.The first one was of Brian in a shirt the exact same colour of his eyes against a back drop of a peaceful looking waterfalls. His lips were curled up in to a dazzling smile and his eyes sparkled with life. He looked happy and carefree . She idly wondered if it was before or after he met his ex wife. She looked back at him still sprawled out on the couch . His eyes weren't exactly lifeless or sad but they definitely lacked that sparkle. In the middle and slightly below that one was a picture of Melanie.