chapter 35

PLEASE READ!!
Heyyy guys, I'm sorry it took me so long to update. Today ally-xox asked me a very important question and i realised that i totally forgot to put that into the story. If anyone of you is wondering the Samething that she was then the answer is yes. Charlotte does have family that she can stay with but they objected to her marrying Jeffrey because they can see right through his nice guy-facade but she married him anyway so she and her family lost touch after a while . I'm going to go back and add this part to the story but some of you may not want to go back and read it so I'm telling you here.
Anyway enjoy!!! Also I'm typing this on my phone so the spaces between that paragraphs may be to small, i apologize for that.

------

"Woohooo. That was way better than a public pool", Shelly squealed wrapping a towel around herself.

Charlotte chuckled at the contented look on Shelly's face.

"I am so marrying a rich man", skipping to the door she pulled it open and ran through.

Charlotte shook her head "Marrying a rich man has its disadvantages, you know", she absentmindedly look down at the ragged scar that started just below her hip and ended mid thigh. It was easily seen in the bathing suit she was wearing. She hasn't wanted to wear it. She had been ashamed. Her once flawless skin was now tainted with numerous unsightly blemishes and it was all her fault for trusting the wrong person, for believing him when he said he'd never hurt her. She couldn't believe how stupid she was to let this go on for so long. She shook her head sadly. She needed to stop thinking about this, about him. It was time to do what she should have done a long time ago ; cut the bastard out of her life and try to make a better one for her and her daughter, starting with a divorce.

"I'm really sorry", Shelly sighed.

"You don't need to apologize. Its fine. I'm over him", she nodded firmly, pursing her lips.

"Right", Shelly nodded. "Sorry anyway".

Charlotte gave her a small smile.

"I'm hungry", Lisa grumbled, trailing behind them.

"Me too. Let's change and meet back down here in ten minutes", Shelly suggested.

They all agreed and went to their respective rooms.

Lisa quickly washed off in the shower and toweled off. Changing into a green sundress, she looked at herself in the mirror. Flipping her slightly wet hair, she ran her finger through it, grimacing at the tangles. Shrugging carelessly, she pulled on a fluffy white slippers and skipped downstairs. When she reached the kitchen the only person there was Beth.

"Hi Beth. Can i help you with anything?", she asked walking around the island.

"No dear, just have a seat", Beth instructed turning to her."Oh, you look so cute", she cooed pinching her cheeks.

"Thank you", she blushed, giggling lightly. She stood up again, remembering that she didn't take any painkillers. She went to the cabinet, picked out the correct bottle, popped the lid and shook out two tablets. Picking up a glass, she filled it with water from the tap and swollow the pills, grimacing as it went down. She hated taking pills.
"How is the bruise on your tummy?", Bethasked her with a sad smile.

"It doesn't hurt as much. It's just discoloured", she smiled.

"Good", she nodded as Lisa went back to her seat.

"What are you, flash?", Shelly muttered walking into the kitchen with Charlotte closely behind.

"No, just hungry", she grinned.

"Whatever", she took a seat between Charlotte and Lisa.

"What do you girls want to eat?", Beth asked walking to the fridge.