chapter 2

When he got to the office ten minutes later it was in chaos .The entire building was flooded , chairs and tables broken and the staff was disturbed. He walked over to the security guards and his eyes widened at the size of the bump on his head.

"God Sam what happened to you?, he turned around to tell his secretary to get a ice pack then turned back to Sam.

"About ten men broke in here last night I guess i got knocked out before i could reach the alarm then they locked me in Jenna's office. When Davy came this morning and heard me banging on the door  he broke the lock and let me out, he collected the ice pack gratefully.

"Where are the other security guards?"

"Uhh , they were taken to the hospital a while ago."

"Why didn't anyone contact me?, he asked angrily.

"Everyone's freaking out so i guess no one thought of that ", he hissed in pain as the ice pack connected with his bump.

"Did anyone contact the police?".

"Yes sir. Danny ran down there about  five minutes ago."

He clapped Sam on the back then went to check out his office.His office was also flooded and all his documents were shredded and lying on the floor. A creepy smiley icon was painted on the wall  across from the door. Just then the police came and started their investigation.

As Brian came out of the interview room{his office } half an hour later his cell started ringing. He checked the caller's ID . It was from Nicholas , President of the office in San Francisco .

"Hey Nick whats up? I hope you've got good news for me ."

"Uhh , i suppose but you know you've got to take the bad with the good."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean ?", he almost shouted.

" So which do you want first? Good or bad?"

"Give me the bad ."

"Good it is then ", Nick exclaimed and Brian rolled his eyes .So the good news is we got the Irwin's contract,"he waited for Brian's reaction.

"Oh that good", he sighed in relief and leaned against the wall .

"The bad news is that someone stole the signed contract."

"What ? ", he roared.

"Ahh , my poor ears , Nick complained .And you heard me very well."

"How ? When ?H-How? , he stuttered sliding down the wall until he was sitting on the ground.

"We don't know yet . When we got here this morning police were surround the place but the amazing thing is for one- the alarm didn't go off and two- the place looked normal as if nothing happened . The only thing we're sure is missing is the contract."

"That place has computers , Tv's and all sorts of valuable stuff and the only thing stolen is the papers?I'm thinking that these aren't ordinary thieves. Do you think it could be our little competition from across the street?" , he asked  catching his breath.

"Exactly what i was thinking but how would they get the security codes?"

'I don't know the same thing is going on over here."

"What same thing?"

"The entire place has been ransacked . Sammy got knocked out,the other security guards are in the hospital and the place is flooded and same as over there the alarms didn't go off. Oh and Sam said that there were twelve men."

"Oh hell, so what's missing?".

"We don't know ,all the papers are shredded and on the floor. I'm thinking that they took whatever they came for then shredded the rest in hopes of halting us for a while."

"Crap this shit is bad. Hey man i've got to go . It's my turn to go into the dark , dismal cave", the last part he said in a creepy voice.

"The what ?"

"The interrogation room ", he confirmed.

""Okay man , i'll try my best to clean up over here then head on over there."

"Okay , i'll book your ticket for 3:00. Is that cool?"

"Sure thanks bro,i'll talk to you later."

Brian shut off his phone then went to see the chief of police.

 "Hey Brady are you guys done yet?".

"Just about."

"So...", he left the sentence hanging.

"No on seems to know anything . Most of them are just worried about their jobs so we're going to wrap this up for now."

"Okay thanks man".

"Anything for you Brian besides this is my job."

"Yeah right, i forgot."

"Look man why don't you just go home and rest. I'm sure all of this has taken a toll on you.Call me if you remember anything that can be a lead ,okay?"

"Okay , thanks again."

"No problem", he clapped him on the back than left.

Brian moved to the intercom behind the reception desk  and said into the speaker "Will everyone please meet me in the staff room in five minutes."

Exactly five minutes later the staff room was filled with employees , some sitting and some standing at the back of the room or by the door.

"Okay everyone for the rest of the day i want you to go through the files within your computer , list them and redo them if you have to. Today may or may not be your last day  her depending on how the investigation goes and what the police find out but don't worry there's going to be a healthy severance package. You' re all dismissed  except Sarah", he said referring to his assistant.

He waited until the room was empty then turned to Sarah. Her  eyes were wide and she looked terrified.

"I'm sorry about what happened Mr. Shaunfield. Having one office robbed is bad enough but two? Now that's a lot to take in."

"Thanks Sarah . I'm going to San Francisco today so i need you to call a cleaning company  and make sure this mess is cleaned up. Also you need to call someone to check out the alarm systems."

"Yes sir".

"Thanks Sarah".

He left the building , hopped into his car and headed home to pack his suitcase.

NESSA<3