Chapter 11

Hello my lovely little earthlings!!! I feel alien -ish today .I'm actually wearing all green today!!! Even my fluffy slippers are green! 

_____________________________________________________

The next morning Lisa woke up in bed. She looked around confused . The last thing she remembered was watching movies with Melanie in the home theater . Maybe James brought her up last night or maybe she came up all by herself and forgot.She can't admit to being the smartest person when waking up. She pushed her thoughts aside and got up. Today is Monday so she has to get Melanie prepared for school. She took a quick shower and pulled on a purple v necked top and dark jeans. She combed her hair into a messy pony with strands hanging out then made up the bed. Slipping her feet into a pair of purple strappy sandals she set off to Melanie's room.

She knocked on the door then opened it when she heard a muffled "Come in".

Melanie was sitting on the bed putting on her shoes . Her uniform consisted of a white shirt under a blue kimono, a badge with a soaring eagle stitched into the left side of the kimono. Black shoes with white socks on her feet and a blue ribbon wrapped around her long braid.

"Wow , youi're up already? And you dressed yourself too? And combed your hair?" , Lisa asked stunned.

"Yes as you can see i'm up and yes i can dress myself . I've been doing so since i was three and a half years old".

"Really? That's great".

"You say that as though it's a big deal or something", Melanie said grabbing her blue plaid back pack and walking through the door.

"Of course it's a big deal . Most kids learn to dress themselves at fiver or six years old , four and a half at the earliest and you've been doing it since you were that young. You should be really proud of yourself".

Melanie gave her a flat look then continued down the stairs .

"So how did you learn to dress yourself?".

"The second nanny i had just used to trow my clothes at me and tell me to get dressed . At first it was a complete disaster but i got it right after a while", Meanie said with a flat , emotionless tone.

Lisa's heart went out to the little girl . No one deserves to be treated like that , especially a little girl that recently lost  her mom. That was just plain cruel. She can't even imagine the things Melanie had to go through with such a nanny.

"I'm really sorry Mel. You didn't deserve that", she said placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Melanie just shrugged it off and pushed open the kitchen door and walked in. Everything was much as it was the day before , except that James was present . 

Brian looked up from his newspaper  and smiled when they walked in. She told them each good morning and sat down next to James. She leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek . He blushed bright red and looked at her with huge eyes.

"What was that for ", he questioned.

"For taking me and Melanie to bed last night", she replied.

He looked at her confused then said" I didn't take you up last night in fact i just got back about half an hour ago".

"You didn't ? Then who did?", she murmured frowning.

"Me", Brian replied.

"Oh, thank you ", she murmured looking at the plate of eggs and toast that Ms.Mayor had put in front of her just seconds ago.

"What , no kiss for me?", he asked grinning.

She leaned over and kissed his cheek lightly .She kept her head down remembering  the last time that they kissed.

"You're welcome " , he grinned feeling incredibly happy all of a sudden.